Is Beckett.com being a pain for anyone else right now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hopefully, they actually bring us a decent site. It has been garbage for the last couple of years. If they don't improve by the time my subscription runs out in March, it will be the last time I ever use them.

It is a royal pain, I have been trying to get on since last night and get nothing. I sent them an email a few weeks ago letting them know I was expecting a free month and got no response.

Repeated attempts have failed since around 9pm yesterday. It was available around noon yesterday with no real problems. A bit irritating.

Reading this post was the first I'd heard of a new launch - is that just hearsay or is there some solid information regarding this?

Posted on Beckett Media's Twitter account a few minutes ago:

"Our new site is set to launch on Jan 31 and we are working to have the old site restored as soon as possible."

Yeah, I just got off the phone with them as its been acting up for close to two weeks for me. He said the site has been down since yesterday and will be restored within an hour or so and that the new one would be launched next week. I also got a 15 day extension on my subscription as I subscribe to all of the price guides.

Beckett's new web site?

It's been down all day, I hope that this means they are converting to the new site. Funny they wouldn't tell anybody about it though. I keep hoping it will dawn a glorious new day all working perfectly

this is one from the main mods on there

Unfortunately everyone, I don't believe it's the changeover...last email I got from IT Guy said they had a 'major' hardware failure yesterday (in computer-ese that is well over my head), and said it may take 24 hours to get it back up. That's the bad news. The good news is they're still on track to launch the new sit...e this weekend or Monday at some point. --ceocards

I think everybody should stop going there!

When they ruined their site, I never went back. Now I get to sit here in bliss reading about all the problems and frustrations people go through while attempting to use that site. And to think, the sellers pay $250 a month for this privilege!

I'm happy to say that I have absolutely 0 problems with Beckett's site ever since they ruined it. My club is really easy to join too!

I really only use it for checklists. As soon as I get my own google docs "database" all up do date, I'll probably never use Beckett again.

I heard that the recent crash of the site has compromised all of the My Collections data. I knew this would happen one day.

Beckett Sucks!!!!!

44.jpg

I have one subscribtion to that site (baseball), I should have known better but I renewed it for another year at the beginning of January. Hope fully they fix this problem soon.

I use to be a member of the old beckett site, it was one of the best message boards out there, now i don't even try to go on the message boards there as this place is way better!