Is There Something Wrong With These Mickey Mantle Cards ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I was told the moments and milestone was $15. No clue on the others.

People dont care about Mickey Mantle anymore...All they want are the hot prospects who will be worth $.10 in a few years...Sucks, but its the truth.

Blame Topps, not the collectors, for overproducing his stuff. That's probably part of the problem.

People dont care about Mickey Mantle anymore...All they want are the hot prospects who will be worth $.10 in a few years...Sucks, but its the truth.

So you think most people are essentially speculators ?

How could anyone not want Mantle in their collection ? Except as chaddie84 said, maybe just overproduced.

I'm surprised they didn't sell for at least the minimum bid. S/H is reasonable too. It's about 30 cents per card delivered.

You just never know what will happen at any given moment in time with ebay???

I'm surprised they didn't sell for at least the minimum bid. S/H is reasonable too. It's about 30 cents per card delivered.

You just never know what will happen at any given moment in time with ebay???

If I had seen that with no bids I would've at least bid something for the lot. I think this was just one of those strange auctions that slipped thru the cracks.

I've had a few auctions before in the past where something would get no bids the first time and then somehow sell the second time around with 10-15 bids--and that is without me changing anything to the auction listing.

That has happened to me as a buyer as well. In fact there is a 99 cent auto I missed first time around that was relisted. Knowing my luck, it will go for $10 now!

If I had seen that with no bids I would've at least bid something for the lot. I think this was just one of those strange auctions that slipped thru the cracks.

I've had a few auctions before in the past where something would get no bids the first time and then somehow sell the second time around with 10-15 bids--and that is without me changing anything to the auction listing.

I don't understand it. I thought I put together a nice little lot that would easily get an opening bid and should get a few more. What did I miss ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180478827364&ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT

I don't think you missed anything per se, but Mantle Vintage= Gold, Mantle autos=Silver, Mantle GU=Bronze, Mantle inserts from the last few years=driftwood. Cool to look at, but not worth taking much home. My best suggestion if you re list is to advertise the Milestones card, and then include pictures of the others and maybe "and as a bonus, 11 other Mantle inserts" and maybe mention the redemption specifically in the bonus description. The problem I see is a lot of the others are singles from insert or bonus sets that are pretty common, pretty much any Mantle collector that is interested in current stuff probably has those. The Moments & Milestones has set collectors, player collectors, and the draw of a low #'ed Mantle. Mantle isn't getting a lot of new collectors. The guys who remembered him playing are already involved in the hobby and have been for years. I would put Moments & milestones in the title vs M&M, I see a title like that, I'm jaded enough by all the keyword garbage people use that I might assume it's some cheap Mantle insert, some of the 1987 M&M cards, and an Oliver Perez caliber insert /29.

I don't think you missed anything per se, but Mantle Vintage= Gold, Mantle autos=Silver, Mantle GU=Bronze, Mantle inserts from the last few years=driftwood. Cool to look at, but not worth taking much home. My best suggestion if you re list is to advertise the Milestones card, and then include pictures of the others and maybe "and as a bonus, 11 other Mantle inserts" and maybe mention the redemption specifically in the bonus description. The problem I see is a lot of the others are singles from insert or bonus sets that are pretty common, pretty much any Mantle collector that is interested in current stuff probably has those. The Moments & Milestones has set collectors, player collectors, and the draw of a low #'ed Mantle. Mantle isn't getting a lot of new collectors. The guys who remembered him playing are already involved in the hobby and have been for years. I would put Moments & milestones in the title vs M&M, I see a title like that, I'm jaded enough by all the keyword garbage people use that I might assume it's some cheap Mantle insert, some of the 1987 M&M cards, and an Oliver Perez caliber insert /29.

If this was "Yahoo Answers", I'd vote this best answer :).

To the OP: I'm very interested to see how the relisting does with the revisions suggested above.

-Chad

yeah i agree, its hit or miss with ebay... i have a few 08 Topps Chrome Mantle inserts up right now and most have at least the starting bid on them...

Good suggestion. I think I'll try that. Get moments milestones in the title and then see what else I can squeeze in.

I'll give you $3.50 Paypal for it right now!

Pass for the moment. Thanks