Is This Worth Sending To PSA/DNA?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loyalty32

HOF
5.00 star(s)
I have a 1991 Chicago Cubs Cooperstown Bat that is signed by the following players...

-Andre Dawson
-Ryne Sandberg
-Ron Santo
-Al Spangler
-Dave Kingman
-Ernie Banks HOF '77 Inscription
-Billy Williams HOF '87 Inscription
-Fergie Jenkins HOF '91 Inscription
-Don Cardwell 5-15-60 Inscription (No Hitter Date)

Since I'll be selling it soon, is it worth having it authenticated? Anyone have an opinion on what it would sell for with and without being authenticated? I have no idea what any of the companies would even charge to do so.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks
Craig

it Can Not hurt to have it done..With the price it will go fior it could help you get more for it

Yes, I have noticed that if selling, the majority of people look for authentication. Definitely will increase sale price.

I wouldn't. There are no major toughies on the bat to worry about authenticating. Someone willing to buy the item would probably have enough knowledge about the signatures to form their own opinion.

Authentication means nothing to me ever. I make my own decision. The "experts" are sometimes wrong and can continue to be wrong, not to mention the horror stories of some firms. Save your money. I doubt it will be made up in the purchase price.

I wouldn't. There are no major toughies on the bat to worry about authenticating. Someone willing to buy the item would probably have enough knowledge about the signatures to form their own opinion.

Authentication means nothing to me ever. I make my own decision. The "experts" are sometimes wrong and can continue to be wrong, not to mention the horror stories of some firms. Save your money. I doubt it will be made up in the purchase price.

Cardwell passed away in 2008. Can't get much tougher than that! ;)

Thanks
Craig

depends on how much it will cost to get it done...if its more than $50 its not worth sending in to get authenticated I dont think...if its $50 you might get an extra $50 to $100 or so out of it.

Dead people are not tough just because of that per se. If Bob Feller died today or Bobby Doerr? I don't think you could ever call them tough. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that 100 years from now, both will be easy to find at an affordable price still!!

Cardwell passed away in 2008. Can't get much tougher than that! ;)

Thanks
Craig

Now Ken Hubbs became instantly tough when he died. Players who died long ago, well before autograph collecting became what it is today...those are toughies. People who never signed and then died. Those who died young and unexpectedly. Thurman Munson is tough. Cardwell signed enough, however if you wanted to reproduce your bat, you are correct in that it would not be possible. Mindbinge had the right idea. Authentication needs to add significant value to be worth it. With those names, I don't think it's money well spent in my opinion.

http://www.psadna.com/bats/batfees.chtml

Since the cost is $85+, I would say "no".

That's the fee for getting a game used bat authenticated.

Authentication for 5-19 signatures ranges between $100-$250 depending upon the premier autograph.

I'm just not sure how much value the bat has and if authentication will add at least $100 - $250 to its value.

Michael

You could add that you would refund cost and price of bat if it fails PSA/DNA cert. That way if someone is really concerned it is up to them if they want to spend the extra money to have it authenticated.

Just an idea
- Chris