It finally happened...Jerry Rice 1/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I've been collecting Rice since around 1994 (actually pursuing since 2002) and I had essentially convinced myself I would never own a Rice 1/1 of any sort due to how amazingly high they sell for on ebay.

I'm at a small hotel card show today with my son just looking around and ask a guy if he has any Rice. He says he has a jersey and maybe a plate. I was kind of thrown back when he mentioned plate.

He shows the jersey, which I already had two of, and I ask about the plate again..he digs and finds it. Sure enough, a 2007 Triple Threads Cyan plate (of course, it's a 49ers jersey which even floors me more). I flat out asked what he wanted for it and he said $25. I hadn't thrown money at someone that fast in a LONG time.

Needless to say, I finally landed a Rice 1/1. End of story.

Congrats. Rice is one of my favorite FB players ever I wonder if I'll ever land that Sandberg 1/1.

I love these type of stories Cory! I wish we had more card shows around here, there are practically none. Time for a Rice Supercollector badge attempt?

Todd

That's Awesome!!! Congrats on the great pick-up. That is what I love about card shows; you never know what you will find and how cheap you can get it.

I love these type of stories Cory! I wish we had more card shows around here, there are practically none. Time for a Rice Supercollector badge attempt?

Todd

That ship has pretty much sailed for me. :)

I don't have the time to organize things into a substantial want/needlist. I have everything offline and porting it over would take substantial amounts of time. Maybe someday.

Sounds like me. I want to get everything organized and inventoried, but it isn't really worth my time just to have a badge. I already know that no Garvey collection rivals mine. I don't need a badge for that!

That ship has pretty much sailed for me. :)

I don't have the time to organize things into a substantial want/needlist. I have everything offline and porting it over would take substantial amounts of time. Maybe someday.