Jeff Leornad, Vida Blue & Rivercats vs. Ports IP pic heavy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Giants

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Busy last few days. Went to the Giants official opening day party on Monday, they let people go on the field and watch the Giants vs. Astros game on the HD bigscreen. Vida Blue and Jeff Leonard were on hand signing autos and taking pics with fans. Never met Leonard before, he was a great Giant and really nice!(heard mixed reviews on him) Also, I had Vida sign a 02 Topps Tribute card which he had never seen before, there is a pic below of him looking it over and reading it. Also handed out rawlings real leather baseballs & foam fingers to the first 2,000 fans. I've been to several dozen bb giveaways these are the best I've seen.
Tuesday I went to the Rivercats vs. Ports exhibition(A's AAA vs. A) and did very well. My friend got 2 game used Corey Wimberly jerseys signed, and I cleaned up on the cards of the guys. Nice to get Steve Scarsone for my Giants collection and Oak Top Prospects Chris Carter & Michael Taylor. Ticket is signed by Grant Green. Check out scans and proof pics below.
scan0007-1.jpg

scan0008-1.jpg

scan0009-1.jpg

scan0010.jpg

scan0011.jpg

scan0012.jpg

scan0013.jpg

Corey Wimberly
IMG_0439.jpg
IMG_0440.jpg
Tyler Ladendorf
IMG_0442.jpg
Michael Taylor
IMG_0445.jpg
Chris Carter
IMG_0446.jpg
Lenny DiNardo
IMG_0447.jpg
Steve Scarsone
IMG_0448.jpg
Eric Sogard
IMG_0449.jpg
Vin Mazzaro
IMG_0450.jpg
Clayton Mortensen
IMG_0451.jpg
Jeff Leonard
IMG_0421.jpg
Vida Blue
IMG_0422.jpg
IMG_0424.jpg
Blue
IMG_0426.jpg

that's awesome man...was jeffrey signing with one flap down? :D

Awesome stuff. I am hoping I can pull off hauls like that once I start going to games. I have 19 cards for Scott Coolbaugh when OKC plays in New Orleans. I'll prob try to span it out over a couple of days or something.

Ohhhhhhhh yes, that is one awesome haul! I had exactly one success with Mr. Leonard when he was in Houston. ONE. Nice guy but a very tough sig. he was also a tough interview after his rookie season. In 1980 he stopped talking to the press. His hitting coach, Deacon Jones, also had an afternoon sports bit on a radio station in Houston, and he decided he would interview Jeff. When he stuck a microphone in front of Leonard, the outfielder replied, "I don't talk to the press."

"But I'm your coach," Jones protested.

"Not when that tapes rolling," said Leonard.

Awesome stuff. I am hoping I can pull off hauls like that once I start going to games. I have 19 cards for Scott Coolbaugh when OKC plays in New Orleans. I'll prob try to span it out over a couple of days or something.

Nice, from the times I've got him I could see him doing them all at one time.