Johnny Unitas Colts Rookie Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedDawg

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
As you guys will come to learn,I am a huge Colts fan.I have taken a beating verbally this season while wearing my Colts gear in public.But hey,a true fan sticks with his team through thick and thin!Right? Anyway,I was cruising Ebay last night and ran upon a Johnny Unitas 1957 Topps Rookie card #138.Bidding had almost ended.I picked up the card for $10.80.Yes $10.80!It is an original!There was only 1 problem,which was major,but to a Colts collector I decided to get it anyway.The '57 football cards featured 2 photos of a player.Between the photos was a white border.Someone,somewhere,at some time,and for some CRAZY reason decided they would cut the card in half and make 2 Unitas cards LOL.So,thats what I bought.But hey,they used a sharp cutting tool and cut a straight line LOL.Just thought I would share that with you all.

When i owned my card shop back in the mid 90's had a kid come in trying to sell me a Ryan RC problem is he cut the card in half and got rid of the Koosman RC of course i didn't buy it ..later found out he stole it from his dad.