June Hit Streak Contest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be swamped this month with life, so no side bet for me this month! I'll also make sure to include the team.
1st - Matt holiday(cardinals) H
2 - Dustin pedrioa(Red Sox) H
3 - xander bogarts(Red Sox) H
4 - miguel cabrera(detroit tigers) H
5 - alex rodriguez(yankees) H
6 - jose altuve(astros) H
7 - dj lemhieu(rockies) H
8 - freddie freeman(braves) H
9 - jason kipnis(indians) H
10 - andrew mccutchen(pirates) H
11 - adam jones (baltimore)
12 - josh donaldson (blue jays)
13 - hanley ramirez (red sox)
14 - dee gordon (marlins)
15 -nori aoki (giants)

You're having a great streak!!! If memory serves me, no one has ever had a streak as long as the one you're going through. Good luck!!

You're having a great streak!!! If memory serves me, no one has ever had a streak as long as the one you're going through. Good luck!!

wow, i cant believe it either! 13 and going! i cant imagine getting 45, none the less 57! i mean i'd have to do this another 32 days just to hit 45.
op, is there any way we could do away with DNP in the future? im unable to check daily line ups before games, and ruining a streak of 10+ because of a scratch (DNP) in the last few minutes of announcing the starting line ups before the game.

oh yea, i love the daily updates!

And away we go....we now have 17 participants for the June version. Hopefully that number will continue to grow as the season progresses. By my count, we have 3 takers on the side bet (jaybo374, chieftazmisty, sgbt4).

Through 14 games we still have a perfect game going...shhh..no one talk to Tennellson55!!! Nothing changed on Saturday/Sunday, the remaining participants just keep chugging along.

Three Strikes - sgbt4*, david k., mrknicks, anglinomics, mm1sub, greatdadx2, camsue, tgutta, chieftazmisty*, chief wahoo, jscatman, topaz77, katester44, scc76

Two Strikes - benski3

One Strike - jaybo374*

No Strikes - tennelson55

First pitch today is at 7:00pm, please have your pick in by than. Contest is closed to new entries.

I saw the notes above, and yes, this is definitely the longest streak in the history of the game. As for DNP's, I have wrestled with this one and unfortunately, I think it needs to stay as is, just due to the number of variables it could bring into play (IE, is it still a DNP, if player wasn't in the lineup, but got to pinch hit in the 8th inning, etc.) So for now, it will remain, just like rainouts will remain.

Once the contest is complete, I will post up all side bets. Good luck to everyone.

Okay, that works for me bud!
It'd just be disappointing to see my streak end on a dnp!
Also does anyone know how what the previous history was for longest streak or 3ks?

And away we go....we now have 17 participants for the June version. Hopefully that number will continue to grow as the season progresses. By my count, we have 3 takers on the side bet (jaybo374, chieftazmisty, sgbt4).

Through 16 games - no one is perfect any longer. Tennellson's streak stops at 15 due to a did not pick. Great run though. Also lost another participant to a DNP - especially tough because the team he played for had 19 runs and 17 hits.

Three Strikes - sgbt4*, david k., mrknicks, anglinomics, mm1sub, greatdadx2, camsue, tgutta, chieftazmisty*, chief wahoo, jscatman, topaz77, katester44, scc76, benski3

Two Strikes - none

One Strike - jaybo374*, tennelson55

No Strikes - none

First pitch today is at 7:00pm, please have your pick in by than. Contest is closed to new entries.

I saw the notes above, and yes, this is definitely the longest streak in the history of the game. As for DNP's, I have wrestled with this one and unfortunately, I think it needs to stay as is, just due to the number of variables it could bring into play (IE, is it still a DNP, if player wasn't in the lineup, but got to pinch hit in the 8th inning, etc.) So for now, it will remain, just like rainouts will remain.

Once the contest is complete, I will post up all side bets. Good luck to everyone.

No changes through game number 17.

Three Strikes - sgbt4*, david k., mrknicks, anglinomics, mm1sub, greatdadx2, camsue, tgutta, chieftazmisty*, chief wahoo, jscatman, topaz77, katester44, scc76, benski3

Two Strikes - none

One Strike - jaybo374*, tennelson55

No Strikes - none

First pitch today is at 1:05pm, please have your pick in by than. Contest is closed to new entries.

Thanks again

June 1-A.Rizzo-Cubs-H
June 2-A.Gonzales-Dodgers-H
June 3-J.Kipnis-Indians-H
June 4-R.Cano-Mariners-H
June 5-P.Goldschmidt-D'Backs-H
June 6-D.Gordon-Marlins-H
June 7-B.Harper-Nats-K (Missed It)
June 8-F.Freeman-Braves-H
June 9-M.Carpenter-Cards-K
June 10-A.McCutchen-Pirates-H
June 11-D.Pedroia-Red Sox-H
June 12-Y.Puig-Dodgers-H
June 13-M.Cabrera-Tigers-H
June 14-G.Stanton-Marlins-H
June 15-T.Tulowitzky-Rockies-H
June 16-A.Jones-O's-K-(DNP)

Another decent run. See you in July
I'd say more than decent. Nice month. See you in July.

We finally have someone blink...second strike picked up by jaybo374...his first since Day 9. Some serious picking going on this month!

Two Strikes - jaybo374*

One Strike - tennelson55

No Strikes - none

First pitch today is at 7:05pm, please have your pick in by than. Contest is closed to new entries.

I'm out. Thanks for the great contest, katester44. Kudos to tennelson. See you again in about a week and a half.

Jay

And we have a winner - congrats to Tennelson55. Sorry for the delay in getting a post up - last week was the wrap up of baseball season and the end of year party. I don't know how teachers do it - 11 kids 3 times a week for two hours at a time was enough to drive me insane! Can't imagine 20+ kids 5 times a week for 8 hours at a time!

Three Strikes - sgbt4*, david k., mrknicks, anglinomics, mm1sub, greatdadx2, camsue, tgutta, chieftazmisty*, chief wahoo, jscatman, topaz77, katester44, scc76, benski3, jaybo374*

Two Strikes - none

One Strike - tennelson55

No Strikes - none

Congrats to Tennelson55 - pick out your cards from the first post and I will get them in the mail to you. Great month!

Side Bet;
I lost to Jaybo. I beat sgbt4 and chieftaz. Will add it all up at the end and mail everything out at once!

See you in 9 days for the July version!

congrats to the winner and to all who played in the contest this month hope to see a lot more next month i will be ready for next month it is going to be the Chiefs contest to win or lose

And we have a winner - congrats to Tennelson55. Sorry for the delay in getting a post up - last week was the wrap up of baseball season and the end of year party. I don't know how teachers do it - 11 kids 3 times a week for two hours at a time was enough to drive me insane! Can't imagine 20+ kids 5 times a week for 8 hours at a time!

Three Strikes - sgbt4*, david k., mrknicks, anglinomics, mm1sub, greatdadx2, camsue, tgutta, chieftazmisty*, chief wahoo, jscatman, topaz77, katester44, scc76, benski3, jaybo374*

Two Strikes - none

One Strike - tennelson55

No Strikes - none

Congrats to Tennelson55 - pick out your cards from the first post and I will get them in the mail to you. Great month!

Side Bet;
I lost to Jaybo. I beat sgbt4 and chieftaz. Will add it all up at the end and mail everything out at once!

See you in 9 days for the July version!
No issues man, this is a great contest for everyone!
On a side note, should I just keep going? Is there a record or something we should start measuring? I mean it can't hurt to see if I can get 50+, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.