Just created a trading site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Well, after many years trading on this great site I figured it was time to get with technology and create a trading site. I just created it and have just recently learned how to add it to my signature. If anybody would like to, please take a look and let me know what you think. All feedback is greatly appreciated. I will be updating it frequently so please bear with me as this will be an ongoing work in progress.

Thanks!!

Bryon

Hey Bryon. Just a couple of thoughts. I would re-sort the lists by year. I think it's generally easier to read a list in chronological order, since some traders may only want certain time periods. Also, I would reformat to take some of the white space out that's between each card listed, so that you don't have to scroll as far. Otherwise, it's a great start!

Off to a good start, I'd recommend sorting by year, last name or set so its easy to navigate. I already see 2 Bonds on there, which of course i can use :)

Bryon, the want lists are very clear. I can't imagine how you store so many sets. The trade list is clumsy and prohibits set collectors. What condition are you looking for in coins? Thinking specifically about modern quarters.

Looks solid - would echo the majority of comments regarding putting your traders in yearly order.

Looking at your want lists, I have a bunch of stuff. Will try to take a look occasionally and make a list for future trades.

Bryon, the want lists are very clear. I can't imagine how you store so many sets. The trade list is clumsy and prohibits set collectors. What condition are you looking for in coins? Thinking specifically about modern quarters.
I have a room in my house specifically for my collection. The coins are just something I started a while back with my youngest daughter. We just got the green books from Barnes and Noble and thought it would be kind of cool to try and fill the books. We just pick them up whenever we get change. I am not looking for uncirculated coins or anything like that. And the trade list is going be re-done and listed by year in descending order. it is just going to take a few days to get it done.

Thanks for the feedback!!

Bryon

Byron-

Looks good so far! Like everyone else is saying, I would just organize it somehow. Doesn’t matter how you do it, either by player, team, type of card etc. just some way to make it a little easier to read.

As I say that, I admit I know nothing about building a website or how hard it is, so I am sure it is better than anything I could do.

How hard was it to start?

Byron-

Looks good so far! Like everyone else is saying, I would just organize it somehow. Doesn’t matter how you do it, either by player, team, type of card etc. just some way to make it a little easier to read.

As I say that, I admit I know nothing about building a website or how hard it is, so I am sure it is better than anything I could do.

How hard was it to start?
I re-did the trade list and organized it by year. But I will say this Curtis, it is not as hard as you think. Google is very easy to use and there are plenty of people here who can help you if you want.

You look to be like me in that you've never run across a set you don't want to complete! There are not a lot of us left in the hobby these days.

I like the layout of your website. It is very easy to go through and as a set builder I like the way your trade list is organized chronologically. Playe/team collectors would probably prefer a different organization of your trade list but that is the problem with cards.........how do you organize them?

Great job on the site. I do like it.

You look to be like me in that you've never run across a set you don't want to complete! There are not a lot of us left in the hobby these days.

I like the layout of your website. It is very easy to go through and as a set builder I like the way your trade list is organized chronologically. Playe/team collectors would probably prefer a different organization of your trade list but that is the problem with cards.........how do you organize them?

Great job on the site. I do like it.
You are very correct in your assessment. Probably to my detriment. I feel that I have 5 cards of a set I am "working" on it. But I will not stop no matter what. I have watched a lot of people leave the hobby but I for one will not ever be someone who leaves.

Well, after many years trading on this great site I figured it was time to get with technology and create a trading site. I just created it and have just recently learned how to add it to my signature. If anybody would like to, please take a look and let me know what you think. All feedback is greatly appreciated. I will be updating it frequently so please bear with me as this will be an ongoing work in progress.

Thanks!!

Bryon
I'd put the associated team for each card on there to make "Ctrl + F" searches possible for team collectors.

Thanks!!

Bryon
Hey Bryon
Great first start. On your Beckett publications want list you don't mention which sport. You should add it to clarify. I may have some for you, plmk thx Jim

I have these , lmk thx JIm
Beckett Baseball Card Plus

Issue #11 Spring 2004 Matsui

Issue #14 Nov/Dec.2004 Mattingly

May 2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary

November 2011 Verlander

December 2013 McCutchen

November 2015 Donaldson

February 2020 Jeter

July 2020 Jordan

November 2020 Trout

January 2021 Ripken

March 2021 Chipper Jones

April 2021 Torkelson

June 2021 Acuna

September 2021 DeGrom

November 2021 Ohtani

December 2021 Scherzer

January 2022 Freeman

February 2022 Cabrera

July 2022 S.Suzuki​

I have these , lmk thx JIm
Beckett Baseball Card Plus

Issue #11 Spring 2004 Matsui

Issue #14 Nov/Dec.2004 Mattingly

May 2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary

November 2011 Verlander

December 2013 McCutchen

November 2015 Donaldson

February 2020 Jeter

July 2020 Jordan

November 2020 Trout

January 2021 Ripken

March 2021 Chipper Jones

April 2021 Torkelson

June 2021 Acuna

September 2021 DeGrom

November 2021 Ohtani

December 2021 Scherzer

January 2022 Freeman

February 2022 Cabrera

July 2022 S.Suzuki​
Thanks for the reply Jim but I am only looking for the monthly magazine not the plus.

Thanks,

Bryon