Keith Hernandez IP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet86

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Found out that Keith would be appearing at a Lowe's grand opening in Brooklyn...So, I figured what the hell ;) Line was never crowded at all....
I got there at 8am was 6th in line...He was to arrive at 10am-12pm.
The normal announcement stating 1 item per person, blah, blah, blah...A few of us asked if we could get back in line once we got our 1 item signed, we were told yes.So after getting my mini helmet signed I get back in line, only to be told that I couldn't by security.
After speaking to a few people we were allowed to get back on line again to get another item signed.My guess is that's beacause there were not many people there :eek: I got my 1987 Topps card signed after being in line 3 times....and was still finished by 11:10am

kh1.jpg

Mini Helmet now signed by Keith, Ray Knight & Wally Backman...you can see where I am now going with this project...lol

1987 Topps...one more closer to completing the Mets team set

kh2.jpg

Last edited:
I went to a Hernandez "free" signing for Amalgamated Bank about a month or so ago, and even though the line wasn't long, he started calling people out for going back a second time, refusing to sign.

My thing is, if the athlete is paid to be there for two hours, does it matter if someone gets back in line, especially when the line isn't long and the person who went back waited their turn for a second time?

Hernandez still acts like he's an "active" player. Anyone he thinks is a collector, he's rude to.

By the way, how is Backman about signing at Cyclones games?

I went to a Hernandez "free" signing for Amalgamated Bank about a month or so ago, and even though the line wasn't long, he started calling people out for going back a second time, refusing to sign.

My thing is, if the athlete is paid to be there for two hours, does it matter if someone gets back in line, especially when the line isn't long and the person who went back waited their turn for a second time?

Hernandez still acts like he's an "active" player. Anyone he thinks is a collector, he's rude to.

By the way, how is Backman about signing at Cyclones games?

It wasn't Hernandez, it was the supposed security officer....Hernandez actually called one of the guys up for the 2nd time when it was his turn, but the security guard wouldn't let him go.The people from Lowe's and the radio station (66 WFAN) told us it was ok.I know he has done shows in the past and has charged a decent amount to sign...I was afraid that he would not sign memorabilia and only the customary 8X10's. He signed everything from balls, bats, jersey's etc. with no problems.As for Backman, i've been to one game this year and he signed for everyone, including a guy who had a seat back from Shea he signed.

Did he offer any graying fans a sample of Just for Men?

EDIT - after looking at the photo, I can see hints of gray!

Dude, your 'stache is trash! Your beard is weird!

Last edited: