Kind of a dumb question regarding a trade mix up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MetDude

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Several months ago, several people sent me a total of 7 Bowman Chrome BASECARDS, when what i needed was REFRACTORS. One of the cards is strasburg, but i havent tracked that trade down...yet. :eek: :( It took me some time to track it down, but 5 of the 7 cards came from 2 trades here on the bench. In both cases the people sent me a bunch of cards most of which were indeed the refractors i needed. Both party's have hundreds upon hundreds of points and since

a) I didnt notice until now and
b) I made the same mistake a few times when sorting the one box i broke

I have every belief that this was just a mistake.
We're all human. Stuff happens kinda thing.
I truly believe that If i had noticed immediately things would have been made right.

So my question is simple,
Do I write to these people, explaining the situation and that i dont feel any anger, but gee do you maybe have the refractor I need so i can i send you back the basecard you sent me?

Or just let it go ?

What would you do ?

:eek:

If it has been "several months" before I noticed this, I would let the trades go. I mark the trades as received after I double check what I received is what was agreed upon. After marking the trade as received, half of the complete trade is done.

At the same time, you can always send a message to the other traders and see what they will do if anything.

It doesn't help that some of the base cards have refractor indicated on the back, but they definitely aren't refractors. I've received a couple of those myself. Anyway, I agree that it wouldn't hurt to ask - I know if it was me, I would try to help you out. And if it is me, let me know! Or even if it's not, let me know which you need - still have about 25 or so.

agree with most everyone before me here. I will also add, and totally hypothetically speaking, if you and I were to make a deal and you contacted me about a deal, I would appreciate the contact and be even more willing to trade with you in the future. does this make sense?

I can't help but remember what I heard once and always use this in life:

Always, no matter what, do the right thing~General Norman Schwartzkopf

Whenever conducting business, always give the other party an out~Bill O'Reilly (after about 2 hours of O'Reilly, that's the one thing I got from him, and it was what we call the "golden nugget" from a guest speaker!)

It doesn't help that some of the base cards have refractor indicated on the back, but they definitely aren't refractors. I've received a couple of those myself. Anyway, I agree that it wouldn't hurt to ask - I know if it was me, I would try to help you out. And if it is me, let me know! Or even if it's not, let me know which you need - still have about 25 or so.

AHHHH HAAAAAHH!!!!!
I did not know that! Thanks for pointing it out.
In fact,
ALL the cards in question say refractor on the back but are not refractors!
This explains the entire mix up. No point in even writing people.
they thought they sent a refractor!

No it wasnt you, dave, but I
Will shoot you an updated need list tonight lol

really do appreciate that info, was completely unaware of it.
Gotta love that topps quality control. :(