Kmart score (at least I think so)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks21

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I stopped by Kmart today and was going through the line and saw the card section. I grabbed a box of 09 SP (got nothing in that-- up for trade on another post) I saw some of those prepackaged cards they have that contained 4 rack packs for $5.00. I saw they were Rack Packs of 2006 & 2007 Topps.

Lately I have been wanting to purchase on Ebay a 2007 Topps Rak pack with the Jeter/Mantle/Bush error on front or back, well out of the two 2007 packs in this $5.00 box I actually scored one in there:

jeterrack.jpg

Last edited:
That's pretty cool. I remember all the excitement over that error card. I didn't even realize I had it but I searched for it when all the attention shifted on it

I only have one other loose one in my collection. It was given to me by a co-worker during the big hype (he is a Red Sox) guy.

If anyone has any other Yankees on front of Raks and Cellos let me know who and what brands/years.

I have some form the 80's with Mattingly on them if you are interestred, PLMK and I will list them

Here is a list of my Yanks cello/racks showing, prefer to sell:

1988 Donruss Unopened Rack Pack (1) (Don Mattingly on Front)
1988 Topps Unopened Rack Pack (1) (Don Mattingly on Front & Eric Davis on Back)
1988 Topps Unopened Rack Pack (1) (Don Mattingly on Front)
1989 Score Unopened Pack (1) (Rickey Henderson on Front)
1989 Score Unopened Pack (3) (Don Mattingly on Front)
1989 Score Unopened Rack Pack (1) (Don Mattingly on Front)
1989 Topps Big Series I Unopened Pack (2) (Mattingly on Back)
1989 Topps Unopened Rack Pack (1) (Don Mattingly on Back)1989
1990 Fleer Unopened Cello Pack (1) (Deion Sanders RC on Back)
1990 Fleer Unopened Cello Pack (1) (Don Mattingly on Front)

I may have other packs with lesser know Yanks too, but will have to look through everything.

That Jeter/Bush/Mantle is really the only "flip" story I have. In the heat of the craze, I stopped by Target on the way to work to see if I could get lucky. Bought one pack, pulled a Jeter, listed it on eBay as soon as I got to the office with a $60 BIN, and someone bought it right away. From a $2 pack to a $60 sale in less than 15 minutes. :)