Lets see everyones GU and autos of early 1900 HOFers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I picked up the Jackson back in 2001 when it first came out for the relatively small amount of $75. I have the complete master gu set outside of the Babe Ruth jersey and the dual bat cards which are just too hard and expensive to get.

Wow, that was a nice pickup. I didn't even realize there were duals in this set until you mentioned it. Only two on ebay, an amazing Aaron/Ruth ($1K) and a Hack Wilson/Billy Herman ($500). Numbered to 25, you are right - no way someone could put that set together, probably even if money was no object.

We don't have a very good digital camera, plan on buying one this Christmas, so I don't have any good pics of the ball (signature is too dull to see with my camera)...but here's a scan of the PSA/DNA letter:

Walter Johnson

walterjohnsonpsa.jpg

p.s.: nice stuff everyone!

Tim Carroll - That Waner could net you some serious $ if you ever decide to sell. And I absolutely love that Burleigh Grimes. Been thinking about picking one of his up sometime soon.

Dewayne - Wow, first time I've ever seen that Joe Jackson card in someone's collection. Very, very nice!

Tim:

Burleigh Grimes will set you back about $20-$30 if you ever decide to get one. The cool thing is that Donruss/Playoff made sure that most of the cards contained at least one pinstripe. That helps the eye appeal.

I saw that a guy had this Waner a few months ago. I asked him what he wanted for it, and he told me he'd take half book Paypal (BV is $80). I thought I was going to break my fingers trying to get that Paypal to him so fast! It is seriously the only one I have seen available in the last 2 years. I keep watching eBay to find out what mine would go for if I ever decided to sell it. No luck yet....but that might be the best sign!;)

By the way, there is also a Cobb/Gehringer 2001 dual Bat on eBay. I think Burbank owns every one of those cards on there; thus, the prices are extreme!

Tim