Letters - do you print or type?

jhens76

When you TTM do you print or type your letters?
Does it make a difference.

Which do you do?

Print Letter
Type Letter

quambomb

5.00 star(s)
I always print just a brief note and maybe throw in a fun fact about why I like the player (handwritten). I think it shows them that you are more of a collector than just someone who mass sends with a pre-printed letter.

H

houbb

Hand written. A former major league player mentioned that to me in confidence several years ago. He would toss out typed requests and answer handwritten ones. Everyone's different, but you have a much better chance of success if it's hand written.

wmhc28413

5.00 star(s)
i always hand write my request... i think it shows the person your more of a fan and you took time out of your day to send a request to them... just printing something out and signing your name to it just seems like a business arrangement to me... just my 2 cents...

expos94

I type all mine... I don't really believe "it shows you are more a fan if you hand write...", I think typing my letters shows nothing other than that I live in the year 2010 :p lol

I'm not slamming hand-written... just saying I don't think there's a difference... it's the words you type (or write)—what you say—that will show it's not a letter that's mass produced with a different name at the top each time.

that's just my penny.

All this being said.... who knows.... maybe a few guys who never responded WOULD have if I hand wrote! Now you guys got me thinking! lol

Benson

5.00 star(s)
I'm a hand writter myself; to me, it at least conveys the idea that I put some time into the effort to write them.

katester44

5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I am a typer, but every letter is different and includes specific items for the specific player. Always hand signed though.

kugelmanco

5.00 star(s)
I always hand write each letter...
It's what I would prefer if I were receving fan mail/autograph requests - just seems more personal to me...and like said above, less like a business arrangement

worldwideed

5.00 star(s)
I type mine but have gone through large periods of each. From what I can tell is has not hurt my success rate at all. In fact I'm able to send out more because I type and the player can read the letter because it's not hand written so overall I probably do better.

stlcardtrader

4.90 star(s)
I hand write various letters depending on the players.. retired, played for cardinals at some point their career, etc. Then I make a color photo copy of each letter so it appears hand written, leaving the top of the letter where you place the players name blank. I usually make 30-40 copies of each at a time and then again once I run out.

kugelmanco

5.00 star(s)
I hand write various letters depending on the players.. retired, played for cardinals at some point their career, etc. Then I make a color photo copy of each letter so it appears hand written, leaving the top of the letter where you place the players name blank. I usually make 30-40 copies of each at a time and then again once I run out.

:D
now that's a good tip there. why haven't I thought of/heard of that one before? Good idea!
....Have already had one Carpal tunnel surgery a few years ago :D

zlw1

5.00 star(s)
Typed 3 paragraph essay normally.. Usually throw in some questions about what I'd like to know about the person (past stats, unique accomplishments, specific wonders about etc..)
Then I handwrite a few sentences and a greeting.
I like to know that each one of my essays are unique and are personal to each person.

hit'nBULLSeyes

5.00 star(s)

i actually do the same thing, but i use black ink and then address the letter dear so n so in black ink pen it matches pretty good.

jhens76

thanks for all the responses guys. I personally have handwritten all of mine, but I'm really liking stlcardtrader's idea. :)

basebal1fan

5.00 star(s)
I thought of that as well, but have never put it to action. Great idea! :D :D :D