Letters - do you print or type?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhens76

Prospect
When you TTM do you print or type your letters?
Does it make a difference.

Which do you do?

Print Letter
Type Letter

I always print just a brief note and maybe throw in a fun fact about why I like the player (handwritten). I think it shows them that you are more of a collector than just someone who mass sends with a pre-printed letter.

Hand written. A former major league player mentioned that to me in confidence several years ago. He would toss out typed requests and answer handwritten ones. Everyone's different, but you have a much better chance of success if it's hand written.

i always hand write my request... i think it shows the person your more of a fan and you took time out of your day to send a request to them... just printing something out and signing your name to it just seems like a business arrangement to me... just my 2 cents...

I type all mine... I don't really believe "it shows you are more a fan if you hand write...", I think typing my letters shows nothing other than that I live in the year 2010 :p lol

I'm not slamming hand-written... just saying I don't think there's a difference... it's the words you type (or write)—what you say—that will show it's not a letter that's mass produced with a different name at the top each time.

that's just my penny.

All this being said.... who knows.... maybe a few guys who never responded WOULD have if I hand wrote! Now you guys got me thinking! lol

I'm a hand writter myself; to me, it at least conveys the idea that I put some time into the effort to write them.

I am a typer, but every letter is different and includes specific items for the specific player. Always hand signed though.

I always print just a brief note and maybe throw in a fun fact about why I like the player (handwritten). I think it shows them that you are more of a collector than just someone who mass sends with a pre-printed letter.

Ditto for me!

I always hand write each letter...
It's what I would prefer if I were receving fan mail/autograph requests - just seems more personal to me...and like said above, less like a business arrangement

I type mine but have gone through large periods of each. From what I can tell is has not hurt my success rate at all. In fact I'm able to send out more because I type and the player can read the letter because it's not hand written so overall I probably do better.

I hand write various letters depending on the players.. retired, played for cardinals at some point their career, etc. Then I make a color photo copy of each letter so it appears hand written, leaving the top of the letter where you place the players name blank. I usually make 30-40 copies of each at a time and then again once I run out.

I hand write various letters depending on the players.. retired, played for cardinals at some point their career, etc. Then I make a color photo copy of each letter so it appears hand written, leaving the top of the letter where you place the players name blank. I usually make 30-40 copies of each at a time and then again once I run out.

:D
now that's a good tip there. why haven't I thought of/heard of that one before? Good idea!
....Have already had one Carpal tunnel surgery a few years ago :D

Typed 3 paragraph essay normally.. Usually throw in some questions about what I'd like to know about the person (past stats, unique accomplishments, specific wonders about etc..)
Then I handwrite a few sentences and a greeting.
I like to know that each one of my essays are unique and are personal to each person.

i actually do the same thing, but i use black ink and then address the letter dear so n so in black ink pen it matches pretty good.

Yeah exact same.. leave the to line blank.. then fill in with same color ink so it matches really well.. you can't even really tell that it is a copy..

i actually do the same thing, but i use black ink and then address the letter dear so n so in black ink pen it matches pretty good.

thanks for all the responses guys. I personally have handwritten all of mine, but I'm really liking stlcardtrader's idea. :)

I thought of that as well, but have never put it to action. Great idea! :D :D :D