Local Card Shops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katester44

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I feel like at some point, we had a thread about local card shops, but can't find it anywhere, so starting a new one. If you have one near you, let everyone know -- anytime I travel on business or for baseball tourneys, always like to try and find a shop to pop in to.

This weekend - actually found one somewhat local to me, only about a 20-25 minute drive. Red Rose Sports Cards in Lancaster, PA. Highly recommend it, had a great conversation with one of the owners (Adam). They were stocked with plenty of new wax, supplies and a bunch of vintage to go through. Shop was clean and plenty of room to navigate.

Even better, my wife (bless her heart), suggested that we pick out a nice Fathers Day gift for me while we were there. $120 later, I am going to have a fantastic fathers day!!

I lived in your area (Lebanon) in 83 and 84 and your area was a card collector's dream before it was cool to collect cards. There were some card stores in the area but there were flea markets, auctions etc etc every day of the week. The economy was still slowly recovering and everyone was selling cards to make ends meet. I had already been collecting steadily for nearly two decades but my collection literally exploded when I was living there.

I remember a store in Hershey that was really stocked. That store actually had a great quantity of Star Compnay basketball sets but who wanted that junk? Certainly not me. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Not to get the topic off track but I have noticed that there was no noticeable increase in new card stores opening up during the pandemic sports card boom. It semed WalMart and other retail giants were where most people were getting cards. As a matter of fact this is the first year since 1986 that my town of 7,000 people does not have a card store. Am I the only one who noticed that there were not many new card stores opening up during the short lived pandemic card craze?

I feel like at some point, we had a thread about local card shops, but can't find it anywhere, so starting a new one. If you have one near you, let everyone know -- anytime I travel on business or for baseball tourneys, always like to try and find a shop to pop in to.

This weekend - actually found one somewhat local to me, only about a 20-25 minute drive. Red Rose Sports Cards in Lancaster, PA. Highly recommend it, had a great conversation with one of the owners (Adam). They were stocked with plenty of new wax, supplies and a bunch of vintage to go through. Shop was clean and plenty of room to navigate.

Even better, my wife (bless her heart), suggested that we pick out a nice Fathers Day gift for me while we were there. $120 later, I am going to have a fantastic fathers day!!

My husband and I opened a card shop in Malvern, Ohio. We opened in February of this year. It has been a great experience for our whole family as the boys absolutely love cards and now at 8 and 10 they are in heaven. It has kept pretty steady for us so far and now with summer here it has become the local hangout spot for all the kids in town..which is exactly how we intended it to be..❤️ With only a smaller sized library and an playground there isn't really anywhere for them to hangout..they get to see their friends..they trade cards...buy cards..they learn from eachother.. We just hosted our 1st card show right downtown..it was an awesome experience for the whole town.
We would love for y'all to check us out..
Midwest Certified Slabs LLC...
104 S. Reed Ave Malvern Ohio
1-234-214- 8305
Hope to see y'all soon

My husband and I opened a card shop in Malvern, Ohio. We opened in February of this year. It has been a great experience for our whole family as the boys absolutely love cards and now at 8 and 10 they are in heaven. It has kept pretty steady for us so far and now with summer here it has become the local hangout spot for all the kids in town..which is exactly how we intended it to be..❤️ With only a smaller sized library and an playground there isn't really anywhere for them to hangout..they get to see their friends..they trade cards...buy cards..they learn from eachother.. We just hosted our 1st card show right downtown..it was an awesome experience for the whole town.
1-234-214- 8305
Hope to see y'all soon
I have been to this card shop. The owners are great people. One thing I have learned over the many years that I have been in this hobby is that atmosphere can take you a long way. We have all been to card shops that seem to have a million cards and you think that this is going to be great. But the owner ruins the experience from the beginning. That is not the case with this shop. If anybody is in the area I HIGHLY recommend that you stop in to this shop!!!!!!!

Best shops in my area are:

The Valley Sportscards - Herkimer NY
Yastrzemski Sports - Cooperstown NY
Finnegan's Sportscards - Albany NY

In the Boston area, I have a few favorites

Gilbert's Sports Nostalgia - Natick, MA
Sportsworld - Saugus, MA
Baystate Sports - Framingham, MA
Bleachers Sportscards - Abington, MA

There are a lot more, but these are the ones that I have been to recently.

Thanks,

1-234-214- 8305
Hope to see y'all soon
I have visited this shop as well. Neat little place!!

in the Milwaukee area, i have 3 that i visit. One, right down the road from me, BrewTown Trading, is the spot i frequent the most. They are pretty active on Facebook, and are getting big on the breaks on various media platforms. The other 2, Jeff's Sports and Waukesha Sports Cards are a little further out and but both have a good selection of cards/memorabilia, autographs, and other stuff. WSC are big on public/private signings with mostly Wisconsin athletes, but will occasionally offer athletes at other signings.

for anyone in Upstate South Carolina - go see Travis over at:

Boiling Springs Sports Cards
13041 Asheville Hwy, Unit A
Inman, SC 29349

they have a lot of authenticated autographed memorabilia like Helmets and Jerseys as well as a lot of Pokemon stuff in addition to all the sports cards.

Last edited:
For anybody in the western PA area I HIGHLY recommend the following card shop:

Baseball Card castle
20555 Route 19
Cranberry TWP, PA

They are really great people and have a ton of inventory. If singles are your thing, they have millions of cards from all sports and everything is in numerical order. And they have something from every collectible (cards, trains, figurines, etc....)

In the metro Memphis area, there is only one left.........A friend of mine owns it and has been doing it since 1992............They sell more clothing than anything but have a lot of cards, collectables, and supplies.............

TNC Sports
2829 Bartlett Boulevard, Bartlett, TN 38134
Phone: 901.372.1408

Baseball Card Outlet
7502 Eastern Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21224
Phone: (410)284-4440

I have been going to this shop for the past 5-10 years now. There are a few others in the area but so far this is the one that I like the best. Very friendly family owned and ran business.

I'll mention the local card store I like to go to
Contes Card Castle
3 N Haddon Ave Haddonfield NJ just over the bridge from Philly
He has a big singles assortment modern and vintage and he loves torturing the kids with dad jokes. I've been a regular there for years. Store owner is also a player collector and set builder too

Late notice I know....but anyone in central PA, the good folks at Red Rose Sports Cards are doing a Topps Trade night this evening starting at 6pm. I am trying to get a handful of cards together to head over there shortly.

Could you buy/trade for autos for me? I will pay you back!
If they have a stott auto bohm, etc I would be glad to pay you back!

lmk!