Look at a 2002 baseball set that was never issued

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Prospect
Lots of interesting Fleer liquidation proof sheets coming up for auction lately. These were Fleer file copies that were sold at auction. They are paper proofs of cards sent to MLB for approval.

Most the sheets I've seen were for issued sets. But I thought these proofs were very cool because this set was withdrawn from final production. These are proofs for a 2002 edition of Fleer Exclusive. This sheet has 9 card proofs for Diamondbacks and Braves players (it had Grace on it, so wanted it for my PC).

Pretty cool to get a glimpse of a set that never made it into final production.

$(KGrHqV,!ksE3OC)jB4qBN1qR1rRwg~~_12.jpg

$(KGrHqQOKjIE28TMlj)tBN1qR9S3IQ~~_12.jpg

$(KGrHqEOKooE3FB6GwMhBN1qSFvlFw~~_12.jpg

$(KGrHqYOKj4E3Li3UPNeBN1qSNm0!!~~_12.jpg

$(KGrHqMOKiME3EyHHWE1BN3-5V59Ww~~_12.jpg

$(KGrHqMOKjEE17SS4ZU+BNvfzb20fQ~~_12.jpg

that is pretty cool...I never really knew why they had uncut sheets of cards and how they went about getting sets approved...now I can see...thanks for sharing!

Neat item, but I can certainly see why they weren't produced. They look just like every other Fleer issue that was being produced in the same time period (Box Score, Maximum, Focus, etc...)

Who knows how many test copies are out there - you may have something pretty tough!

Tim

The seller has/had a ton of these paper proof sheets. I've bought quite a few of the football ones until he raised the prices to over $35 on some of them.