Looking for a Rogers Hornsby (or Dizzy Dean) vintage card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MStahlschmidt

Bench Warmer
Hello! I am new here, but was wondering if this may be the right place to post something like this.

I am looking to put together a Cardinals HOF shadow box display, and one of the things I am looking for is Cardinal HOF Rookies or rare old Cardinals cards. Right now I am looking for old Rogers Hornsby or Dizzy Dean items, especially Baseball cards. (I am also looking for other old Cardinals players, but trying to prioritize these first)

The one I am really after right now is Hornsby. I am looking for any of his cards especially up to 1934, this includes almost any of his cards, including the 1933 Goudey with the iconic image of Hornsby and Ruth in the ’26 WS. I would also especially be interested in seeing almost anything earlier. American Caramel, Oxford, really anything with a fairly clear image. I was in negotiation with 2 sellers and they essentially raised the price on me double during negotiations – this has left me pretty frustrated but I believe that everything happens for a reason!

I will hopefully be passing these along to my children so I would prefer PSA/SGC or graded to ensure they are authentic, but I am okay to look at other items depending on the circumstances. You can use this email to reach out if you have any suggestions; [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.