Malicious software on site?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mightydon

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Has anyone possibly gotten malware from using this forum? I had been off the site for a few months and got back on this week. That is when I as exposed to the Java malware that is circulating through webpages and I read forums can be suseptible to them. Maybe just a coincidence between the malware and being on this site. This is not the first time this has happened.

Anyone else experience this?
Don

Don:
I don't know very much about computers, but I do notice that most of the time everything slows down for me when I get to THE BENCH. What I mean is, it takes extra long time to move from forum to forum, or from a forum to my PMs. Also, I have Norton Security Suite and a small window pops up once in a while telling something to the effect of "we just stopped an attack to your computer" while I'm here on The Bench.
Having said that, I don't think I have gotten any computer virus from being here. I would be careful opening links that other people send me, though. Hopefully we will hear from someone who knows about computers and maybe explain things to us.

Luis

Luis, that is about the same message I receive, "Norton has blocked an intrusion to your computer". When I check Norton the attacks have been malicious java malware and added drive by malware that redirected me to pages I never clicked on. I have not noticed The Bench being any slower, I just thought it was my computer and not the site. From what I read online, forums are some of the website prone to this type of malware being passed on to computers. I am not a computer guru either. I am only going to access the site.from my phone from now on.