May Hit Streak Contest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And away we go....we now have 16 participants for the May version. Hopefully that number will grow as the season progresses. By my count, we have 5 takers on the side bet (jaybo374, intelliracer, chieftazmisty, david k., tennelson55).

Sorry for no update yesterday - first live scrimmage of baseball season and of course..had to cut the grass. So, through two days, here is where we stand.

Three Strikes - NONE

Two Strikes - camsue

One Strike - chief wahoo, jaybo374*, greatdadx2, david k., tgutta, sgbt4, intelliracer*

No Strikes - katester44, chieftazmisty*, anglinomics, mrknicks, tennelson55*, benski3, scc76, topaz77

Games are already underway for today, so no additional picks - game is closed to entrants at this point. TGutta - had to give you a strike for Day 1. If no one had picked batters from the 2:20 game, I could have let it slide on the first day, but two participants did and I needed to be fair to all.

Once the contest is complete, I will post up all side bets. Good luck to everyone.

And away we go....we now have 16 participants for the May version. Hopefully that number will grow as the season progresses. By my count, we have 5 takers on the side bet (jaybo374, intelliracer, chieftazmisty, david k., tennelson55).

Through 3 days, here is where we stand. No three and outs which is nice! DNP's (Wright/Gordon), were the cause of most strikes yesterday.

Three Strikes - NONE

Two Strikes - jaybo374*, camsue, greatdadx2

One Strike - chief wahoo, anglinomics, mrknicks, benski3, topaz77, david k.*, tgutta, sgbt4, intelliracer*

No Strikes - katester44, chieftazmisty*, tennelson55*, scc76

First pitch today is at 7:05pm, please have your pick in by than.

Once the contest is complete, I will post up all side bets. Good luck to everyone.

We have our first seat being taken on the bench. And Adrian Gonzalez and his sweet .800 OBP yesterday didn't help a bunch of us..neither did the weather in Colorado. Down to two remaining with no strikes and Jaybo374 is exactly where he was last month before running away with the win.

Three Strikes - camsue

Two Strikes - jaybo374*, greatdadx2, topaz77, sgbt4, intelliracer*

One Strike - katester44, chief wahoo, anglinomics, mrknicks, benski3, scc76, david k.*, tgutta

No Strikes - chieftazmisty*, tennelson55*

First pitch today is at 7:05pm, please have your pick in by than.

Two more take a seat after Tuesday's games. We are down to our last no strike competitor, very rarely do they win it all, but let's see how it turns out this month.

Three Strikes - camsue, topaz77, sgbt4

Two Strikes - chief wahoo, anglinomics, mrknicks, jaybo374*, benski3, scc76, greatdadx2, intelliracer*

One Strike - katester44, tennelson55*, david k.*, tgutta

No Strikes - chieftazmisty*

First pitch today is at 1:05pm, please have your pick in by than.

Nothing changes after Day 6 - an unprecedented day - not a single strike was issued, the group was perfect. We are down to our last no strike competitor, very rarely do they win it all, but let's see how it turns out this month.

Three Strikes - camsue, topaz77, sgbt4

Two Strikes - chief wahoo, anglinomics, mrknicks, jaybo374*, benski3, scc76, greatdadx2, intelliracer*

One Strike - katester44, tennelson55*, david k.*, tgutta

No Strikes - chieftazmisty*

First pitch today is at 1:10pm, please have your pick in by than.

I hope in the future....theres a section in the rules ....that state double hitters you get two games to get a hit. That way everyone has the chance to use it and if they don't then that's their choice. Best regards, David

Chief loses his streak on a DNP, which is never fun and three more take a seat.

Three Strikes - camsue, topaz77, sgbt4, mrknicks, scc76, intelliracer*

Two Strikes - katester44, chief wahoo, anglinomics, jaybo374*, benski3, greatdadx2

One Strike - chieftazmisty*, tennelson55*, david k.*, tgutta

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 7:05pm, please have your pick in by than. In regards to the question of double headers, while it isn't in the official rules, it has been stated previously that using a double header is completely legitimate.

You justed stated its not in the official rules....but most of us know about it....therefore to prevent future problems it needs to be added in bold letters to the official rules. Just trying to prevent any future problems...Best regards, David

Last edited:

And the group on the bench continues to grow as 4 more are retired, including your esteemed host. Down to one with a single strike.

Three Strikes - camsue, topaz77, sgbt4, mrknicks, scc76, katester44, chief wahoo, anglinomics, jaybo374*

Two Strikes - chieftazmisty*, tennelson55*, benski3, greatdadx2, tgutta, intelliracer*

One Strike - david k.*

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 1:05pm, please have your pick in by than.

Once again, In regards to the question of double headers, while it isn't in the official rules, it has been stated previously that using a double header is completely legitimate. In addition, the rules state - if a player gets a hit that day, there is no strike, there is nothing stating that double headers are ineligible. I don't feel the need to add anything additional to what the rules already state - this is the last it is being discussed. Based on the "official rules" - Tennelson55 would have been DQ'd after 3 days for not adding team names to his choices, but I try to be lenient and understanding of certain things, and I would hope the participants would do the same.

I deal with the letter of the law and this is how it is going to be every day with life and work - this contest is supposed to be something that people can have some fun with, but I am getting very tired, very quickly of the bickering and complaining that has begun to accompany it. Let's all just relax and enjoy it for what it is - fun.

Absolutely fun!!! Even if the Dodgers game was called in the 6th due to rain just before Andre Ethier had a chance to get that hit I needed to stay alive.

Thanks again for holding this contest.

Jay

And than there were two..down to benski3 v. David k. for the May title. Each has two strikes, picks will be made until only one misses on a given day. Good luck to both of them.

Three Strikes - camsue, topaz77, sgbt4, mrknicks, scc76, katester44, chief wahoo, anglinomics, jaybo374*, chieftazmisty, tennelson55, greatdadx2, tgutta, intelliracer

Two Strikes - david k., benski3

One Strike - NONE

No Strikes - NONE

First pitch today is at 7:00PM, please have your pick in by than.

Once the contest is complete, I will post up all side bets. Good luck to everyone. The host took a beating this month - if it is okay with all the side bet folks, can we keep a running tab on the season and whatever is owed, can be sent out all at once to save on postage. If that works, great, if not, I will happily send cards out on a monthly basis. Thanks.

Once the contest is complete, I will post up all side bets. Good luck to everyone. The host took a beating this month - if it is okay with all the side bet folks, can we keep a running tab on the season and whatever is owed, can be sent out all at once to save on postage. If that works, great, if not, I will happily send cards out on a monthly basis. Thanks.
i'm good with that. should we pick and then wait to send then? or tally up at the end of the year and select however many cards the other person is up in scoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.