Milestone Finally Reached!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsatttu

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
On my 2009 goals, my primary one was to reach 75% on upgrading my 48 Bowman set to PSA 5 or better. I only had 20 at the beginning of the year, and I didn't think I was going to do it, but someone on another site came through with SIX that I needed. Of the 48 total cards, I now have 38 in PSA 5 or better, 3 PSA 4's that I will eventually upgrade, and only 7 left raw. I know this isn't a huge deal for some, but for me it is. I started building the set raw in 2002 and worked on it off and on until 2006, when I decided to upgrade it to PSA cards. Upgrades still come in spurts, but I hope to finish it off next year some time. I won't post all of the scans here, but they can all be seen on my website

Here are some highlights with two that I still need upgrades for:

48Bowman03.jpg
48Bowman05.jpg
48Bowman06.jpg
48Bowman08.jpg
48Bowman36.jpg

Thanks for looking!
- Britt

Thats a awesome set... nice collection!!

Christopher

Thanks for all the comments!!!

Jimmy - I will be upgrading this one sometime next year, so you'll be the first to know when I'm ready.

- Britt

Those are some fine looking cards Britt! Tremendous dedication. Hopefully one day you can be satisfied with your set and enjoy them. :)

Those are some fine looking cards Britt! Tremendous dedication. Hopefully one day you can be satisfied with your set and enjoy them. :)

lol... that's no joke. I really do think once I upgrade the last 10 cards I will be done this time :) I have like 10 other sets I would like to tackle and would really like to put this one to bed.

That's the beauty (and heartache) of vintage set-building...even when the set is complete, it's not really DONE.

Awesome job!!!

And I thought I was helping out a lot with your 1978 Topps set. Those are really nice cards. I really like the Feller card. Rapid Robert is really getting up there in age and it is nice to see a card of him when he looked a lot younger.

That's the beauty (and heartache) of vintage set-building...even when the set is complete, it's not really DONE.

Awesome job!!!

I hear ya! I'm glad I am upgrading them to at least EX, but I am done with it after this. It will be time to move on to the next big project :)

And I thought I was helping out a lot with your 1978 Topps set. Those are really nice cards. I really like the Feller card. Rapid Robert is really getting up there in age and it is nice to see a card of him when he looked a lot younger.

The 78's were a really big help! Once I finish it and the last few 97 Topps, my Topps run from '77 to present will be done, which is my other big project.

Nice looking set! Is that Yogi Berra card looks likes one in the Bench contests? Best regards, David

Ya, there was a Yogi RC in the best vintage card class, I think. It was much, much nicer than mine, though.... and about 10x more expensive. I would love to have that one :eek:

very nice cards.

Thanks!