Most Aesthetically Pleasing Player Penmanships..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I've always been kinda partial to Mike Schmidt's auto...

schmidt075.jpg

Natalie Gulbis has a pretty nice auto, too.
Natalie01.jpg

And while I'm too lazy to search eBay for them right now, I like Victor Martinez and Andre Dawson.

The best one I have seen is that of BRIAN BANNISTER. Don't have time to put a picture here now, but if someone can, please do. You'll see what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Last edited:
Just so you know Peterson does not always sign like that. If you were to get him in person you would only get an "AP" and his number.

Cuddyer on the other hand always signs like that and is willing to sign multiples. He is a real nice guy if you ever get a chance to meet him.

So far this Spring Training I have been able to pick up 5 HOFers signatures in person and they are all very nice sigs. They are all complete and legable. It seems like the Old Timers take more pride in there autos.

AP has gotten sloppy as of late...I believe most of his RC-Autos were like what the OP linked...but his 08 and 09 stuff has gotten to be just a couple initials. I have still yet to pick up a Rookie Auto of his :(. I have a real nice 09 Auto of his...but it would be so much better if he signed it like he did his earlier stuff....kind of reminds me of Greg Maddux and how his autos dropped off over the years.

Cuddyer has a real nice auto...one of my favorites, but not my favorite on the Twins. My favorite current Twins auto has to be Joe Nathan...I hope he's back soon :(.

Speaking of Old-Timer HOFer Autos...Harmon Killebrew has a very clean auto that has been very consistent for years and years. You can tell he takes his time with each one.

I sign my name (on checks, not cards...) with exaggerated first letters in my names, so I have a fondness for similar autos. To that end, I would vote for Felix Hernandez as my favorite auto, at least from a player of this era (Brandon Phillips would be second, and Griffey Jr would probaby be third). James Loney and Torii Hunter have nice exaggerated first letters in their names, as does Cole Hamels, but his is mostly just the C and H and a big loopy L.

th_Hernandez05ToppsOpeningDay.jpg

Jon Lester's auto is pretty nice as well:

In person, Mitch Stetter and Dave Bush from the Brewers give out excellent autographs.

Last edited: