Most disappointing player to get a g/u card of?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajax44

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Who is the one guy that you get a g/u card of in a box break that disappoints you the most?

For me, it's Carlos Delgado. It seems like every 3 or 4th box that I break, a Carlos Delgado g/u appears.

Who is the one guy that you get a g/u card of in a box break that disappoints you the most?

For me, it's Carlos Delgado. It seems like every 3 or 4th box that I break, a Carlos Delgado g/u appears.

I'll take the Delgado GU cards out of your hands if you can find GU cards to trade for in my bucket.

5 years ago---Shawn Green

Working on my 2003 timeless treasures gold set serial only 10....ran into a Shawn Green collector for his gold card...had to shell out $70.00...haven't seen one since.....got my Babe Ruth gold serial to 10 for only $24.00!! Best regards, David

Chien-Ming ****... It seems like I got him 99% of the time when pulling any parallels, inserts or GU straight from the pack over the past few years.

Working on my 2003 timeless treasures gold set serial only 10....ran into a Shawn Green collector for his gold card...had to shell out $70.00...haven't seen one since.....got my Babe Ruth gold serial to 10 for only $24.00!! Best regards, David

Gotta love us Jewish Collectors....don't get into any bidding wars with us! :D

(btw David, that wasn't me bidding on that card)

The same can be said for autos...any player who is an untested prospect (and obviously never makes it). How many 100s or 1000s of signed cards are floating around out there now that not even dedicated team collectors want (unless they are dirt cheap!)?

Unlike autos, which PACK products with no-name prospects who never make it, GU cards seem to stick with the more seasoned players though. So you usually get someone who played a little while or was maybe even an all-star a season or two.

Armando Benitez bat! Yes, I SAID BAT!!!! When does a relief pitcher who spent most of his career in the AL use a bat??????? I'll bet he never had more than 1. He probably used someone elses. I've always been skeptical about these GU'ed items. This didn't help!