Most ridiculous baseball cards of all time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

While some of the cards were worth a chuckle, I'm not a fan of articles about baseball cards written by people who flaunt their ignorance of baseball cards.

The 52 Topps Gus Zernial comes to mind as an instant classic "ridiculous" card. I'm sure I could come up with a much better top 30 if I wanted to put in the effort, but I would include several that author used though.

Not that I like any of them, but I also thought of the Tim Flannery Fleer card (I believe 88) with the surfboard, Greg Olson riding an ATV on a CC card, Roger McDowell with "tools" of the trade on one of those Donruss Triple Play cards (not to mention the guy - Jay Bell maybe - milking the cow), Kevin Brown with the painted on old timers moustache on the 94 Score card or several other "goofy" cards where the player is playing around or posing.

I thought using a Lovero card was ridiculous. That set was all odd photos by a photographer, using players in various poses. Christie Brinkley shot photos for a set of Pinnacle cards around the same time that didn't really fit with traditional photos. Surprised we didn't see one of those like Baerga with a heart painted on his chest.

If he used Mike Armstrong, just because he looked a little nerdy, or the Unibrowed Moon, then he should have used Don Mossi for those ears! Clyde King's 52 Topps is not a portrait most would be proud of either, check out the eyes. Check out some of Fred Gladding's cards too. The guy looks like a murderous stalker you'd see in some sick horror movie.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps

Members online