Most Treasured card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trader Rich

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I have a 2003 Fleer Great of the Game Auto of Ron Santo. My son bought it a a cards shop back in Illinois. I would not trade that for anythihg.
I thought it would be an interesting thead for people to tell us what their most treasured card is.
Have fun.

Rich

When I was collecting Ernie Banks, one Christmas my parents got me a 1963 Topps.
I have since sold my Banks collection, but I kept the 1963.

It's a tie for me....

1. 1980 Topps Johnny Bench - The first card from the very first pack I opened.
2. 1968 Pete Rose given to me by my uncle when I was a kid.
3. 1967 Topps Mickey Mantle likewise given to me by my uncle.
4. 1955 Bowman Roy Campanella also given to me by my uncle.

The cards given to me by my uncle are near and dear because he was the only one in my family who supported me in my hobby when I was young. Everyone said it was dumb and a waste of time and money to collect "cardboard". But not my uncle. He is now in the latter stages of alzheimers and when I see these cards sitting on my "good card" shelf I think of him.

its a toss up for me although one isnt a card. my 1954 topps ernie banks rc is one of my favorites because its kind of the holy grail of banks cards and im glad to have one at such a young age. my favorite would have to be my ernie banks autographed baseball. my parents arnt collectors like us but they knew i collected ernie banks so they went to a card shop and bought it for me for christmas one year. thats the one item i will never sell even if i sell the rest of my banks collection

my favorite card ever is a 1984 don mattingly topps rc. when i was younger we were reall poor. and the mattingly cards were hot back in the day they were selling for 35 to 40 me and my mom and dad drove about a hour to get to a card shop. and i have been collecting cards ever since. donnie baseball.

I would say my 2008 Moments and Milestone Miguel Cabrera Black Auto 24/25.

This card is numbered to his jersey, pack pulled christmas morning, and kickstarted my Cabrera PC.

My favorite card is my 2005 Topps Heritage Ernie Banks autographed seat relic. My grandparents came home from Florida and had bought me a $20 box of Topps Heritage. I was lucky enough to pull and Ernie Banks auto. It has always been my favorite card since I got it. It has definately got me interested in Ernie Banks and I wouldnt trade it for anything except for possibly and upgrade because I am very dissappointed with the grade. The subgrades are all good except the surface. Not sure what happened there but oh well.
Scan1.jpg

Mine.
1999 Finast #74 Omar Vizquel refractor BV 5.00
Took me 5 years to find one,wish I could find a gold refractor.

Clint

I Have A Couple Of Personal Favorites That I Would Never Get Rid Of.
1957 Mickey Mantle
1961 Mickey Mantle (i Bought The Two Mantle For $12.00 For Both Back In The Early 80's. A Couple Of Kids In My Class Were Selling Their Cards To Buy Intellivision. Does Anyone Remember That Gaming System And I Kept Them In Big Screw Down Holders All This Time. The Funny Thing Is I Have Recently Ran Into One Of Them Guys Not To Long Ago And He Asked Me If I Still Had Them)

1963 Bazooka ATG #13 Mordecai Brown

The only card I still have that I can remember having in my childhood collection. Got it from a friend of my Great-Grandfather who knew I was a baseball fan (he also gave me an autographed ***-Wee Reese bat and an autographed Walter Johnson baseball! - didn't really know what I had then but now that I think about it WOW what a gift!).
Parents got rid of all my cards when I quit collecting at about age 12 or so. Somehow this card made it and I found it in a random storage box about 4 years ago. Searched the internet to do a little research to see what I had and was blown away at what I'd missed out on in the card world. Made my way to The Bench and have been collecting every since. Thank you Mordecai 'Three Finger' Brown.

When my first Son was born, I was set on collecting as much as I could from that year ( 1996 ) . I figured I get the basics ( Topps,Bowman,etc. ) .One day I was at a card show and my Wife whom was looking with me ( We were still " newlyweds" ) liked some inserts in the 2006-'07 Ultra basketball set.So, I started that set also
Now, I know it's not as great as some of the cards you all have listed,but Starring Role #4 Platinum Michael Jordan I got on Dec.25 2002 was the last card I needed to complete a WHOLE MASTER SET !!!! And My Wife won it for me !! So, it holds some special memories !
Some 10 years later, I had another son ( in 2006 ) and the way the cards companies have done, I don't think He will ever have a " master set " like His Brother .