Most Treasured card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Its these 2. Never thought I would own the triple patch and the Dawson took forever to find.
AJ
Aaron1.jpg

DawsonAndre1A.jpg

I collected hard when I was a kid and being from a single parent household my mom would buy me packs of cards when she could. So I have boxes and boxes of a lot of the mid - late 80s of cards. I stopped collecting once I got to high school and college, spent my money on to many other things.

Got back into collecting after meeting my wife. Her brother is big into collecting vintage so it peeked my interested again.

So I bought a box of 08-09 Upper Deck NBA Artifacts. First pack I opened, I pulled a true 1/1 Larry Bird GU jersey card. My first 1/1 ever.

I have two favorites in my collection that I can never see myself trading. First is the 3rd certified I ever pulled. It was from the first pack in the box of 2003 Stadium Club. As a Braves fan, its probably my favorite card overall.
aaron_mays.sized.jpg

I also began to collect Chipper back in 2002 and now I am over 1300 cards of him including 169 different GU of him. Of all those cards though, my favorite Chipper is one I traded a 2005 Chris Seddon Topps Chrome auto for. I still look at this card almost weekly lol
chipperquad.jpg

Well, it's not really a card. In 1998 I had one of my most fun pulls ever out of 1998 Skybox Dugout Axcess. It was not a great issue with bizarre inserts called Dishwashers and Gronks LOL I got a redemption for autographed memorabilia. I can't remember if I knew exactly what I was going to get, but it turned out to be a Tony Gwynn auto'd baseball w/ Dugout Axcess stamped on the ball and certificate of authenticity. Which reminds me, I need to get that in a decent container.

This is a tough one, its definitely a tie.

When I was around 10 one of my father's vendors knew that I was a huge Mattingly fan, and she gave me a 1984 Donruss Mattingly RC along with a signed Mattingly ball for my birthday.

When I turned 12ish and my father knew I would appreciate and take good care, he gave me his 1964 Topps Yankees Team Set.

-Jason

Tough question, not just one card but my 1991 and 1992 Topps Box sets have the most sentimental value. My dad had bought them for me when I first got started in the hobby when I was 8.

If I were to pick just one card, it would be my most favorite card in the collection:
2005 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites Rainbow Foil Paul O'Neill Auto #/10

img204.jpgimg205.jpg

Last edited:
hands down my david wright 2005 ud pro sigs signature sensations silver auto
also what i believe to be my first auto ever pulled!!!
(marks are from case)
scan0049.jpg

Different cards have different meanings to me, but there are a couple that I favor over others.

1985 Topps Kirby Puckett rookie - the first Puckett card I ever owned.

2008 Topps Stadium Club Joba Chamberlain (1st Day issue) - the first Joba card I acquired. It is a favorite because I was at the game with my father (a lifelong Yanks fan and his first trip back to "old" Yankee stadium since he was a kid), and remember exactly how the play developed that led to picture on the card.

1988 Topps Kirby Puckett - for Xmas this year, my wife went to a local shop that has baseball cards (definitely not a card shop) and picked up a Puckett card to give to me as an Xmas present from my than 2 year old. Good thing I didn't need it for my collection, as it never made it past my sons hands. He added it to his collection that he carries around in a lunch box and dumps out on the floor just about every night.

I got this one from my uncle.
1954Bowman-Campanella.jpg

My uncle got it from a friend for inspiration after my uncle was in a car accident in 1967 that left him a quadriplegic. When I started collecting in the late 1980's, my uncle gave it to me for "safe keeping."

Great topic,
Marvin