My own toploader story!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timfsu2k

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Bombie1138's red toploader thread reminded me of a toploader experience that I had.

Awhile back, probably two years ago or more, my buddy and I were going to set up at a local flea market. It was one of those deals where you price the cards and they put them in a case for you. Anyway, since we were sharing a case we decided to put a price sticker on each card, along with our first initial. This way we could keep our sales separated. We never actually did set up there, so I ended up using the toploaders to send trades out in. One day I opened a bubble mailer from a member whom I had never traded with before. Lo and behold, one of the cards in the mailer had a price sticker with my initial on it!! That thing had started with me, went to someone else, to at least one more someone else, and finally back to me!

Thought that was a cool story, what's the odds right??

:)

Hey Tim
it was probably from that guy who lives in Louisville and roots for the dallas cowboys who mailed you that top loader
lol
That is really something thou
Nice story
Later
Tom

I am going to have to start paying more attention to my top loaders...lol...some i get just look....nasty.

That is funny. I've always wondered if a card that I had sold years ago and then for some reason picked up another copy again (probably for some sense of nostalgia) could actually be the exact same card that I had sold years before and it just made its way back home to me.
-Keith

That is funny. I've always wondered if a card that I had sold years ago and then for some reason picked up another copy again (probably for some sense of nostalgia) could actually be the exact same card that I had sold years before and it just made its way back home to me.
-Keith

That did happen to me on the Bench last year. I used to have a Phil Humber Bowman's Best red auto #139/199 and traded it to another member here. Then I notice another member selling a few autos so I picked up a bunch, including that Humber red auto (I missed having it around, after all). Got it in the mail, realized it was #139/199. Exact same card I used to have.

Now top loaders are a different matter...I don't have such "proof" of top loaders coming back to me, but I think it's happened. I've gotten a few bubble mailers back though...

Tim,

That is pretty neat. Something similar happened to me with a dollar bill. I got a phone number from a non-male type and had nothing else to write it down on. It was only the last four digits as most of the numbers where I grew up had the same first three so I figured no one would know what it was anyway.

Take care,
Dewayne

BEWARE DAVID K!!!

The infamous top loader is heading your way!

It is going out in the mail tomorrow morning.

Sorry.

Bryon

Cool story,
I'm still waiting to see who gets those top loaders that Lep1010 had scans of,..The Good one or the Bad one,..lol

Clint