National Back In Baltimore In 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brettfan

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Hello,

Don't know if anyone else received this email about the 2012 National. Was supposed to be in Cleveland but alas not to be. It will be back in Baltimore in 2012.

Here's a link to the article~

http://editor.ne16.com/he/vo.aspx?F...5b544f11d814ea1536ff844df8c54&MailID=14607891

I have mixed feelings about this. Cleveland is a much cheaper option for many folks. Cheaper flights, hotels, parking, food, etc. Baltimore was a cool place to visit but it was extremely expensive. Loved the Light Rail from the airport. Camden Yards is a beautiful ballpark and having it right next to the Convention Center was definitely a plus.

To some this will be good news. To others you're gonna be bummed.

Thanks,
Melissa

I 2nd the being happy about it. Living just south of Baltimore City and on the light rail line it will be easy for me to get there. Now I just need to start saving up some money.
Trish

Sweet, it's a 45 minute drive and the last was
mega-impressive.

I have heard from several dealers that I stay in touch with
that the Baltimore show was the worst National they had
ever had. As it was my "******" tour, I can only view it from
the narrow vision of a first-timer. I hope that the economy
was the issue as opposed to the location.

There is a long and ongoing debate concerning the venue
for National Sports Collector Convention. I agree that the
choice of middle America makes the most sense. The dealers,
collectors and manufacturers on the East Coast and West Coast
have their gripes about turnstile numbers but ultimately the
middle of the country (Chicago, St. Louis, etc.) makes more
sense than the alternatives.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

:D

That about covers it. Bringing it back to Baltimore in 2012 works just fine for me, thanks.

That totally made my night.

I live within driving distance to the 2011 National in Chicago. I am not a autograph collector and I would probably have about $100 to spend after paying for gas, parking, food etc...

I would like to know if it would be worth the 2+ hour drive, each way, for me to go? I would apprciate insight from those of you that already went.

Thanks

I've been to 6 of the last 7 Nationals. From a collector standpoint I thought that the Baltimore show was a little weak myself. However, let me preface that by saying that I am a modern day collector (within the last 12 years) and there just weren't that many dealers for me to choose from. Now, if you are a vintage card and/or memorabilia collector then this would have been the show for you. I also didn't like where they had the autograph pavillion. If you were in the front part of the convention center you couldn't hear what was going on in the back where the athletes were. Don't know if normally they have a PA system in there and it didn't work or if that's the way it is.

brewerfan34- It would be criminal if you lived within 2 hours of the National and you didn't go. I drive 5 1/2 to Cleveland everytime it's there. You have 8 months to save your money. Save $10 a week and you'll have $320 to spend at the show. You can get a lot with $320. Besides I know that Meliah and I will both be there. That's worth the price of admission;) .

Well, I'm glad that I made a few people's day.

Take Care,
Melissa

I've been to 6 of the last 7 Nationals. From a collector standpoint I thought that the Baltimore show was a little weak myself. However, let me preface that by saying that I am a modern day collector (within the last 12 years) and there just weren't that many dealers for me to choose from. Now, if you are a vintage card and/or memorabilia collector then this would have been the show for you. I also didn't like where they had the autograph pavillion. If you were in the front part of the convention center you couldn't hear what was going on in the back where the athletes were. Don't know if normally they have a PA system in there and it didn't work or if that's the way it is.

brewerfan34- It would be criminal if you lived within 2 hours of the National and you didn't go. I drive 5 1/2 to Cleveland everytime it's there. You have 8 months to save your money. Save $10 a week and you'll have $320 to spend at the show. You can get a lot with $320. Besides I know that Meliah and I will both be there. That's worth the price of admission;) .

Well, I'm glad that I made a few people's day.

Take Care,
Melissa

I'm like a human circus:p

Please don't miss any opportunity to go to the National. You will see things that should be in a Museum. There is something for everyone from vintage to modern cards. At this year's Baltimore National I netted $40 for standing in line for 45 minutes to get the Strasburg Heritage Promo. $20 investment in packs turned into $60 when I sold the card to a dealer five minutes after I got the card. I turned that $40 into many other purchases. My point of all this is that the National is fun for everyone.

I live within driving distance to the 2011 National in Chicago. I am not a autograph collector and I would probably have about $100 to spend after paying for gas, parking, food etc...

I would like to know if it would be worth the 2+ hour drive, each way, for me to go? I would apprciate insight from those of you that already went.

Thanks

I'm like a human circus:p

I've heard that before. :p I did not make it to Baltimore and have never been to the National but would like to give it a shot next time. Glad to hear it will be that close. Only an 8 hour drive for me. Hopefully Southwest will have cheap flights.....

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks

I will pick you up on the way. It is bigger than you can imagine.

Where are you in Wisconsin? I really can take additional people. I normally go with the same guy but we can add more.

Shawn