New 2011 Hof'ers list really?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pawelnj

BANNED
5.00 star(s)
BANNED
I been reading that these 4 players will be making the hof very soon according the sports section for potiental hof's! But i think the list is off only 1 of the 4 i see getting in soon is piazza the rest i dont will make it but lmk what you think?

Barry Bonds (yes or no?) i say no
Mark Mcgwire (yes or no?) i say no
Sammy Sosa (yes or no?) i say no
Mike Piazza Yes or no?) i say yes

thats what i read in the local paper in the sports section! The only guy i see getting in is piazza i think

I'm not sure where you got your data but none are eligible for next year save for McGwire and he's a NO!!

Piazza 2013 YES!
Bonds 2013 NO!
Sosa 2013 NO!

Agreed. If McGwie is not proof enough that 'roiders are not gettin in then perhaps Palmeiro will be. He is on the 2011 ballot for the first time. I'll be shocked if he get 20%.

The only one I would vote for would be Piazza and i've heard rumblings that he may have used PEDs too.

Not saying McGwire was right or any of the others ,but are they realy any worse than players in the past pitchers using things on the ball for the advantage womanising drunks and the list goes on.Just my 2 cents and food for thought.

Not saying McGwire was right or any of the others ,but are they realy any worse than players in the past pitchers using things on the ball for the advantage womanising drunks and the list goes on.Just my 2 cents and food for thought.

This has been discussed to death and it's not likely that anyone will change their mind based on what is posted in an internet forum. I'll just say this, McGwire's shocking lack of support is all the proof I need that these 'roiders won't be voted in, be it wrong or right.

I think in time we will see the people we are discussing here one by one get there if not the Hall will either have people who did not have the best carrers or lack of people getting in for a time period.

I think in time we will see the people we are discussing here one by one get there if not the Hall will either have people who did not have the best carrers or lack of people getting in for a time period.

While I don't see anything wrong with that, we can be guaranteed that we won't see any years free of inductees purely because of the financial boon induction week is for Cooperstown and the HOF itself. Which is why someone well known will get elected every year, no matter whether they deserve it or not. All things fall before the almighty profit.

But regardless of the inane quote about it not being the "Hall of Good", it's not necessarily even the "Hall of The Best Players Ever", it's just the Hall of FAME.

Last edited:
Bonds should be in regardless...even prior to the roids he was statistically one of the best players to ever play the game...take away the last 5 years of his career and his stats still stand up in my opinion...so to deny him just because of the roids issue is lame.

If this is going to be the way it goes down, then perhaps Selig and the rest should just blacklist EVERY player who popped on ANY roid test....sounds stupid doesn't it?

DaClyde-I can agree with you on that money is a big issue.

mindbinge-If they let Bonds in then you have to let Sosa and McGwire in. It is not about a few seasons it is realy about the career. The 98 season was one of the best things for baseball in 30yrs especially after the 94 season with the world series and all.

Barry Bonds (yes or no?) McGwire did not make it and Bonds also will be blocked for a few years.
Mark Mcgwire (yes or no?) No...but He get more votes this year..
Sammy Sosa (yes or no?) Nope.....He'll be blocked for a few more years.
Mike Piazza Yes or no?) Probably the only one with a good chance...I'm thinking Blyeven will made it this year! Best regards David

DaClyde-I can agree with you on that money is a big issue.

mindbinge-If they let Bonds in then you have to let Sosa and McGwire in. It is not about a few seasons it is realy about the career. The 98 season was one of the best things for baseball in 30yrs especially after the 94 season with the world series and all.

I don't have a problem with Sosa or McGwire being in, they both should be i think.

The thing that gets me is the same people who will keep them out for being dirty to punish them, give Dale Murphy zero credit for being Mr. Clean.

Seems like in the first handfull of post's there is some love here for Bonds. Personally I think if Bonds gets in through the writers then McGwire, Sosa, Palmerio, Clemens and others should be in.

Now in my honest point of view, I dont think anyone who admits or is highly rumored to have used will get in through the writers. Except maybe Alex Rodriguez when he's finished and done. But I do think you will see all of the aboved mentioned players in the Hall through the veterans comittee. I also wouldnt be surprised to see the ban one day lifted on Pete Rose and Joe Jackson. I just wont be surprised if all these player's wont be around to make a speach as well as a handfull of us.

Based on the McGwire votes so far, it will be unlikely to see Sosa get any more than Mac has. Bonds is an unknown in my mind. He could receive the same treatment as Mac, but...His numbers are insane, so if he doesn't get in, then the record books are pointless. It's like having the #3 hitter of all time and the hit king not in either. Some of the best, not in the Hall because of tarnished reputations and potentially false numbers. We'd have to question every players stats from here on out for the next generation of players, until a "clean" benchmark can be reestablished. Maybe no player with ANY time before the expose could be considered.

No, No, No, Maybe

Barry Bonds (yes or no?) i say no <-- I agree
Mark Mcgwire (yes or no?) i say no <-- I agree
Sammy Sosa (yes or no?) i say no <-- I agree
Mike Piazza Yes or no?) i say yes <-- I say maybe

The roid era is going to be interesting to watch playing out in Hall balloting. I do not believe sports writers are going to be generous. Frankly, roids being seen in the same context as cheating, we may have a long list of players who may have to wait in hope that the Veteran's Committee has long forgotten the meaning of the word steroid.

What is going to happen to A-Rod, Mr 600, former 1st ballot inductee?

I been reading that these 4 players will be making the hof very soon according the sports section for potiental hof's! But i think the list is off only 1 of the 4 i see getting in soon is piazza the rest i dont will make it but lmk what you think?

Barry Bonds (yes or no?) i say no
Mark Mcgwire (yes or no?) i say no
Sammy Sosa (yes or no?) i say no
Mike Piazza Yes or no?) i say yes

This the list of dudes on next year's balllot:

* Roberto Alomar
* Wilson Álvarez
* Carlos Baerga
* Jeff Bagwell
* Harold Baines
* Bert Blyleven
* Bret Boone
* Kevin Brown
* John Franco
* Juan Gonzalez
* Marquis Grissom
* Bobby Higginson
* Charles Johnson
* Barry Larkin
* Al Leiter
* Edgar Martínez
* Tino Martínez
* Don Mattingly
* Fred McGriff
* Mark McGwire
* Raúl Mondesí
* Jack Morris
* Dale Murphy
* José Offerman
* John Olerud
* Rafael Palmeiro
* Dave Parker
* Paul Quantrill
* Tim Raines
* Steve Reed
* Kirk Rueter
* Rey Sanchez
* Benito Santiago
* Lee Smith
* B.J. Surhoff
* Alan Trammell
* Ugueth Urbina
* Ismael Valdéz
* Larry Walker
* Dan Wilson

I think Roberto Alomar & Bert Blyleven are the only ones getting in next year.
If I had a vote I would pick Rafael Palmeiro. I don't care about steroids whatsoever. If a dude wants to snort Comet and shoot up Diet Dr. Pepper I don't care. I like high scoring games and crazy power numbers. Rafy may have been perceived as blemishing the sanctity and hallowed milestones of baseball by some, but he was pretty entertaining to me.

Last edited: