• Please join us tonight, June 15, at 9pm EST for our first trade night of the year! It'll all go down live in the chat room! Hope to see you there!

New Customs are in TTM

expos94

Prospect
I haven't posted much lately, despite some sporadic successes (just kinda busy lately)... but I did share my new Allen & Ginter inspired customs in the discussion forum a few weeks back so I thought I'd share my first returns for these! Both Bill Moore and Fred Holdsworth signed my customs and kept one that I offered. The ones I offered had a pre-printed signature on them (like we'd see on sets in the 70's/80's)... the Holdsworth card I got back looks so perfect I thought he sent back the wrong one... it's a nice crisp signature with a dark thin sharpie and is centered perfectly! It couldn't have come out better! While I was at it I sent Moore an older custom too.
1new_cus.jpg

expos94

Prospect
If I may ask, where do you get your photos of obscure Expos? Team yearbooks?

Sometimes yearbooks, but just diggin' on the internet mostly... I found those two on ebay actually. the Holdsworth was from a team issued postcard and the Moore was just a photograph that somebody put up for auction once.

expos94

Prospect
Curious as to what paper you print the cards out on. Card stock? If so, what weight?

I actually use photo paper... it's fairly thick, maybe not as thick as a regular baseball card would be but looks great for display which is what I plan to do with the whole collection one day... photos are crisp and clear this way (if the resolution was good to begin with) and it has a somewhat glossy look to them (I get the Lustre as opposed to the glossy)

PogoCards

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Sounds great. Thanks for the info.

I actually use photo paper... it's fairly thick, maybe not as thick as a regular baseball card would be but looks great for display which is what I plan to do with the whole collection one day... photos are crisp and clear this way (if the resolution was good to begin with) and it has a somewhat glossy look to them (I get the Lustre as opposed to the glossy)