New Customs are in TTM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expos94

Prospect
I haven't posted much lately, despite some sporadic successes (just kinda busy lately)... but I did share my new Allen & Ginter inspired customs in the discussion forum a few weeks back so I thought I'd share my first returns for these! Both Bill Moore and Fred Holdsworth signed my customs and kept one that I offered. The ones I offered had a pre-printed signature on them (like we'd see on sets in the 70's/80's)... the Holdsworth card I got back looks so perfect I thought he sent back the wrong one... it's a nice crisp signature with a dark thin sharpie and is centered perfectly! It couldn't have come out better! While I was at it I sent Moore an older custom too.
1new_cus.jpg

If I may ask, where do you get your photos of obscure Expos? Team yearbooks?

Sometimes yearbooks, but just diggin' on the internet mostly... I found those two on ebay actually. the Holdsworth was from a team issued postcard and the Moore was just a photograph that somebody put up for auction once.

Curious as to what paper you print the cards out on. Card stock? If so, what weight?

I actually use photo paper... it's fairly thick, maybe not as thick as a regular baseball card would be but looks great for display which is what I plan to do with the whole collection one day... photos are crisp and clear this way (if the resolution was good to begin with) and it has a somewhat glossy look to them (I get the Lustre as opposed to the glossy)

Sounds great. Thanks for the info.

I actually use photo paper... it's fairly thick, maybe not as thick as a regular baseball card would be but looks great for display which is what I plan to do with the whole collection one day... photos are crisp and clear this way (if the resolution was good to begin with) and it has a somewhat glossy look to them (I get the Lustre as opposed to the glossy)