• ATTENTION: Do you have a local card shop near you? If so, please help us out by adding their location into our new card shop tool.

Nexus's 1998 Autograph Project

nexus8793

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
So...after taking a pretty long break from the hobby a few years ago, I decided to start in on a new autograph-seeking project about a year and a half ago. I'm attempting to collect an autograph of every player who played in Major League and affiliated minor leagues during the 1998 season, which was the first I really paid attention to as a fan. So far, I'm about 1200 in out of roughly ~6000. I need to shore up my exact counts but it's somewhere in that range. I've had a blast, especially searching for the really obscure guys. Since this board has been pretty active recently, I thought I'd share my future successes and some of my past acquisitions here. Thanks, and glad to be back active on The Bench once again!

Edit: Tried to post a few photos w/o success...I will be updating with pics in the future.

Last edited:

nexus8793

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
First return since posting this: Eric Leblanc 3/3, spent 1998 in Burlington, IA and Chattanooga, TN. Great looking cards. Not a bad pitcher but never quite figured out AAA. One of the older guys to get a card in 2000 SP Top Prospects