Nice pull out of a $1 box - Ozzie Smith style!

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Went to the Memorial Day flea market at Freedom Hall here in Louisville today. Expected a few card dealers and did see about 5 or so. One guy had a dollar box so I dug through it a little just to see what he had. The guy was not friendly at ALL to me or any of the other potential customers that walked up while I was there. I picked out a couple cards and then saw that he had a Roger Maris card that I needed. He quoted me a price, and maybe I would have bought it but his attitude turned me off to the purchase. Anyway, I paid for my two dollar cards and forgot about it.

So I get home and check the OPG, and low and behold I found out that this is a pretty nice insert/parallel:

BV is $40!! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy....Sorry for the long read, just love it when a d-bag gets his due.

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Nice find Tim! I remember when that place had a TON of dealers! Man, it was fun back then!

Thanks
Craig

Yea, this was my first time and I was pretty disappointed with the cards. One guy was selling 75 cent cards for $4 each! It was cool just looking at all the stuff though, as I really enjoy flea markets in general.

Fatboycards

5.00 star(s)
nice for sure. I used to love going to small ahows and the such. But it seems now that evryone is out for the al mightly dollar.

chaddie84

5.00 star(s)
Congrats on the great find! I personally never dig through bins like that figuring they've already been picked over...maybe they're worth a peek at some future shows.

VistaViper

5.00 star(s)
Last edited:

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Only five? Yea, I used to be able to spend all day out there going through boxes. What has happened?

By the way, great find! Did you already put it on Ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/1995-SP-Championship-Series-Ozzie-Smith-Die-Cut-64BK-/290437789005?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Baseball&hash=item439f70f54d

Jeff

Jeff,

I am going to put it on ebay, but that's not mine. $50 BIN? A little steep I think! BV is $40, so probably wishful thinking. Although I couldn't find another one on ebay, either in current or completed auctions.

Thanks for the comments everyone! If I do end up selling it, I might take Bongo's advice and go back and tell that guy that I sold it for a big profit, LOL! Not like he could be any more rude than he was...

valediction

5.00 star(s)
Jeff,

I am going to put it on ebay, but that's not mine. $50 BIN? A little steep I think! BV is $40, so probably wishful thinking. Although I couldn't find another one on ebay, either in current or completed auctions.

Thanks for the comments everyone! If I do end up selling it, I might take Bongo's advice and go back and tell that guy that I sold it for a big profit, LOL! Not like he could be any more rude than he was...

No, but he COULD start telling people "one of my customers made a 2000% (or whatever it was) profit from a card he bought out of these very boxes!"

You might help him sell more cards than he normally would

timfsu2k

5.00 star(s)
Ha yea that's right. He probably would. Eh, not like I was really going to go back up there anyway. Although, they are having another big flea market Fourth of July weekend...