Nice pull out of a $1 box - Ozzie Smith style!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timfsu2k

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Went to the Memorial Day flea market at Freedom Hall here in Louisville today. Expected a few card dealers and did see about 5 or so. One guy had a dollar box so I dug through it a little just to see what he had. The guy was not friendly at ALL to me or any of the other potential customers that walked up while I was there. I picked out a couple cards and then saw that he had a Roger Maris card that I needed. He quoted me a price, and maybe I would have bought it but his attitude turned me off to the purchase. Anyway, I paid for my two dollar cards and forgot about it.

So I get home and check the OPG, and low and behold I found out that this is a pretty nice insert/parallel:

ozzie.jpg

BV is $40!! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy....Sorry for the long read, just love it when a d-bag gets his due.

nice pull-i hate when a person selling items isn't friendly or goes out of their way to help a potential buyer

Nice find Tim! I remember when that place had a TON of dealers! Man, it was fun back then!

Thanks
Craig

Yea, this was my first time and I was pretty disappointed with the cards. One guy was selling 75 cent cards for $4 each! It was cool just looking at all the stuff though, as I really enjoy flea markets in general.

Sweet Card & great story!
Thanks for sharing- never understand why people are like that.

nice for sure. I used to love going to small ahows and the such. But it seems now that evryone is out for the al mightly dollar.

Congrats on the great find! I personally never dig through bins like that figuring they've already been picked over...maybe they're worth a peek at some future shows.

Last edited:
Only five? Yea, I used to be able to spend all day out there going through boxes. What has happened?

By the way, great find! Did you already put it on Ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/1995-SP-Championship-Series-Ozzie-Smith-Die-Cut-64BK-/290437789005?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Baseball&hash=item439f70f54d

Jeff

Jeff,

I am going to put it on ebay, but that's not mine. $50 BIN? A little steep I think! BV is $40, so probably wishful thinking. Although I couldn't find another one on ebay, either in current or completed auctions.

Thanks for the comments everyone! If I do end up selling it, I might take Bongo's advice and go back and tell that guy that I sold it for a big profit, LOL! Not like he could be any more rude than he was...

Jeff,

I am going to put it on ebay, but that's not mine. $50 BIN? A little steep I think! BV is $40, so probably wishful thinking. Although I couldn't find another one on ebay, either in current or completed auctions.

Thanks for the comments everyone! If I do end up selling it, I might take Bongo's advice and go back and tell that guy that I sold it for a big profit, LOL! Not like he could be any more rude than he was...

No, but he COULD start telling people "one of my customers made a 2000% (or whatever it was) profit from a card he bought out of these very boxes!"

You might help him sell more cards than he normally would

Ha yea that's right. He probably would. Eh, not like I was really going to go back up there anyway. Although, they are having another big flea market Fourth of July weekend...