Now that i decided on selling what price would you give the cards????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eenrique25

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Well as I posted I'm selling a big chunk of my GU/AU collection more than 250 cards, I got inputs on selling them on ebay which I plan to do, but before I will put them here on the bay, maybe someone is interested in some of them and I can get a win win situation. As for prices, if it would be fixed, how much towards the BV do I sell them, I've heard 20 to 30% of BV, thats the real cost of the card although the saying goes it's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. So lets say a HBV GU HOF that books at 8 will 2 - 2.50 be fair?? Is it to low or to high?? Thanks again for any advice.

Easiest way to figure out a fair price is to search Ebay completed listings for same card. Your theory of 20-30% of BV seems very reasonable though. Good Luck.

Adam

Well as I posted I'm selling a big chunk of my GU/AU collection more than 250 cards, I got inputs on selling them on ebay which I plan to do, but before I will put them here on the bay, maybe someone is interested in some of them and I can get a win win situation. As for prices, if it would be fixed, how much towards the BV do I sell them, I've heard 20 to 30% of BV, thats the real cost of the card although the saying goes it's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. So lets say a HBV GU HOF that books at 8 will 2 - 2.50 be fair?? Is it to low or to high?? Thanks again for any advice.

That usually will get them sold fairly quickly. Sometimes you may be able to get a bit more for more popular players.

If you decide to list them here on The Bench 1st, you would save yourself the ebay fees on any that you sell.

LMK if you decide to go that route and I may be interested in a few.

As a general rule, you're probably in the right ballpark. Individually, there could be significant variances. Ruth, Williams, Mantle, Gehrig, Cobb, etc are likely to be higher, while Fingers, Rice, Kell, Boudreau. Wynn, etc could end up lower.

... will 2 - 2.50 be fair?? ...

At that price, you will be bleeding RED forever or conversely making a quarter per card that would NOT be worth you while.

For example, at $2 plus $2 s/h, you will net:

Assuming list was free (save .25 to .50 right off the bat).

Final Value fee:

Auction: $4 x.09 = .36 + .42 (paypal) =.78 + a minimum of 1.69 postage (with DC) = $2.47 + .22 (cheapest price for basic supplies of mailer, team bag, toploader, penny sleeve) = $2.69 + cost of card (let's say $1.50) = YOUR COST OF SELLING THE CARD $4.19. Add .08 if it was Fixed price ($4.27)

That is a loss of .19 already. This LOSS was based on FREE listing!

Other things to consider, YOUR time, discounted shipping on multiple items, unhappy buyers, lost mail, etc.

Good luck.