October 2020 - Show Off Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike121

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
New month, new hits, new thread! Let's see what y'all have picked up for the ol' collection this month, folks!

Picked this up in break !!
View attachment 3728
I got a Tony Parker rip card once. I decided to rip it, and regretted it instantly. First of all, because I'm a Parker collector so I knew I was going to keep it anyways. Second, because I knew I'd ruined the value of it. I do still have it. It's just got a big ol' tear in the back.

I'd never recommend ripping one open unless it's a player you don't like/want and you don't care about selling.

Mike
I agree , This one I believe will do nothing but grow in value !
Dale

Going nuts with no shows to attend, so made a run to southern cal last weekend and hit a few shops for these (+ many others)...

socal1.jpgsocal2.jpgsocal3.jpg

Schmidt GU is PC, all others available. Trout minor lge card is not 'official', it's some type of unlicensed custom, but I thought it was cool. Shops (in order) were: A Card Connection (Newhall), Burbank Sportscards (Burbank), Best Variety Sports and Coins (Glendora), and Courtneys Sports Cards (Colton). Burbank has changed their model, you can no longer type out a 10-15 card order and they pull from their inventory while you wait; but they have dozens of bins of sleeved individual cards (separated by sport) that you can dig through. I've been dropping in at Best Variety annually for the last 10+ years, now it's open only on Saturdays and seems to be run by Neil's kids. They've completely organized the shop and I saw boxes of stuff that he hadn't been able to get to for years finally out in the open and available to scrounge through. As they organize, they're finding new treasures all of the time; and plenty of unopened wax. Completely worth a visit.

Last edited:
Picked up a couple more 8x10 photos.

Kathleen Turner from Romancing The Stone. James Hong born in MN.

Attachments

• Scan_0003.jpg
    Scan_0003.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Scan_0004.jpg
    Scan_0004.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 7
Just made the trade today so it's not in hand yet but too jazzed NOT to share it. I know most aren't really into golf cards but I've been looking for this card for a few years and I happened to find something who had one that took modern cards in trade (traded a 2018-19 Panini Prizm Luka Doncic RC for it). Here it is:

50531601327_01ce4c593f_c.jpg50383993707_c690f92c47_c by Brett Blair, on Flickr

1926 Lambert & Butler Who's Who in Sport Bobby Jones RC