Old Retired Player Address Request Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carter signed real briefly c/o team when he was announcer... but like worldwided said, he just does not sign anymore... might save your money and try and pick up a "cheap" certified auto

J.C:Nothing (look around on the web, they might have something)
R.C:4107 Starfish Lane Tampa, Fl 33615 (good signer)
G.C:Not listed

Finally I can help :).

Later,
Ben

Awesome! Rick Casares homemade card will go out today. Thanks for the help. My next three are

Larry Chester
Jack Clancy
Terry Cole

Thanks again, Ben

Carter signed real briefly c/o team when he was announcer... but like worldwided said, he just does not sign anymore... might save your money and try and pick up a "cheap" certified auto

It's not really the autograph I'm after. I have a card for every player to have played for the Dolphins. Now I'm going after all the players who never had cards made of them or were never pictured in a Dolphins uniform on a card. So my project is to first find a picture of the player I need, make a homemade card and to make it look good, have them sign it. If you do know of an address for Joe Carter I would take my chances, I would only be out two stamps and couple of envelopes if he didn't sign.

-Brett

BTW I'm talking about the running back Joe Carter. He played for the 49ers, Bills and Dolphins.

Last edited:
BTW I'm talking about the running back Joe Carter. He played for the 49ers, Bills and Dolphins.
LOL - As I've been reading this thread I thought you were talking about the "Walk-Off-World-Series-Winning-Homerun-Against-the-Phillies-in-1993" Joe Carter.

I actually spent a while and read this whole thread this afternoon. As a newbie to TTM I want to thank Ben, Ragtop and Mort in advance for all the help you give to everyone, and hopefully to me as well! You guys are doing a great job and great service to the Bench! I added about 12 to my list going out just from the long read.

And, of course, I would like to see if you have 3 for me tonight. I am looking for Jim Abbott, Ellis Burks and Dave Concepcion.

Thanks,

Abbott can be found using the Search feature

Ellis Burks
115 South Lane
Chagrin Falls, OH 44022
or c/o Indians

Dave Concepcion
Urb. Los Caobos Botalon 5D
5 Piso
Maracay, Venezuela

John - Do you have a plan on how you're going to send to Concepcion? IRC's? Send him cash and hope he puts Venezuelan stamps on it? Put US stamps on the SASE and hope it slips through the Venezuelan Postal System undetected?

I've never sent to an international address and I'm going to have to soon for The Project.

Thanks.
mort-

John - Do you have a plan on how you're going to send to Concepcion? IRC's? Send him cash and hope he puts Venezuelan stamps on it? Put US stamps on the SASE and hope it slips through the Venezuelan Postal System undetected?

I've never sent to an international address and I'm going to have to soon for The Project.

Thanks.
mort-

Hi Mort,

Well, now that I have an address for him I need to do some research. I have a couple of Brazilian friends who I am going to speak with and see if they can help me with some info on Venezuela. I am tempted to go to the bank and get a currency exchange for @ $5 US and just send it down to him for postage. Not really sure yet.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks,

Hi Mort,

Well, now that I have an address for him I need to do some research. I have a couple of Brazilian friends who I am going to speak with and see if they can help me with some info on Venezuela. I am tempted to go to the bank and get a currency exchange for @ $5 US and just send it down to him for postage. Not really sure yet.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks,

I've had successes senting to Venezuela, Japan, Canada, UK, and Australia. All I did was include a SAE with $1 or $2 US Currency and asked for them to purchase stamps. Most countries use USD also. Post offices also have what is called, IRC (International reply coupon) which the players can take to their post offices and purchase stamps with them. Hope I helped!

I've had successes senting to Venezuela, Japan, Canada, UK, and Australia. All I did was include a SAE with $1 or $2 US Currency and asked for them to purchase stamps. Most countries use USD also. Post offices also have what is called, IRC (International reply coupon) which the players can take to their post offices and purchase stamps with them. Hope I helped!

Thanks Ragtop,

I think that this is the way I am going to go. I just sent out 19, so this one will be with my next round in a couple of days.

I really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

C.S:Nothing
B.C:1717 BROKEN BOW TRAIL TALLAHASSEE,FL 32312 (Not used since 02' no promises)
B.D:Not listed

Ben
Thank you. It is good to see that at least a few of these guys have something. :) 3 more for today

Del Williams C Saints late 60s
Dan Footman DE Browns early 90s
Weegie Thompson WR Steelers mid 80s

Thank you. It is good to see that at least a few of these guys have something. :) 3 more for today

Del Williams C Saints late 60s
Dan Footman DE Browns early 90s
Weegie Thompson WR Steelers mid 80s

D.W:Not listed
D.F:He signs but I don't have the address
W.T:14501 Felbridge Way Midlothian, VA 23112 (good signer)

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.