Old Retired Player Address Request Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, this is probably a long shot, but does anyone have anything on former Houston Oilers, Tom Regner and Walt Suggs, or former Colt, Richk Volk?

Thank you again for all of your help!

Jim

T.R:Nothing
W.S:Good signer I just don't have address. Ask someone with Harvey.
R.V:12301 Woodcrest Ln. Glen Arm, MD 21057 (good signer)

Ben

Please don't ask for any game used items or team signed balls or anything of that nature. Requests such as that are what turns players off from signing TTM. If you need evidence of this, check out Pat Neshek's website, http://eteamz.active.com/PatNeshek/, and look at the March 13th entry.

If you want to make a donation in his son's name because you feel that it is the right thing to do, then please do. But don't do it with the hopes of expecting to benefit from it for yourself. It defeats the purpose of the work "charity".

Thanks for the info on Pat Neshek's web site. Great site and an even better young man.

Thanks again
Tom

I agree. Players go get turned off by that. Remember when you are sending your cards to a player it is simply a request. Even though you are sending an SASE, you never know if your items will be returned signed or returned at all. Some players hate fan mail. A couple of years ago, in his column, Todd Jones wrote that some players use the cards as coasters.

Jim

I third this. I refrain from asking for anything, even a card. If I dont have a card, I just send index cards.

Hm...that's strange, because the success I had once seen with Brant (this was at least two months ago) had been a fairly quick one. I wrote down the address, too...and then I lost it. :(

Too bad I didn't get to see this post before now, too...otherwise I might have held up on sending to Ericks today. Oh well, maybe luck will play out.

Hopefully it pays off for you. I ended up buying the 96 Leaf auto of Ericks for $1 or something. :)

3 more former Seminoles
Terry Anthony WR Bucs early 90s
Victor Floyd RB Chargers and WLAF late 80s early 90s
Richard Amman DT Cowboys early 70s

I third this. I refrain from asking for anything, even a card. If I dont have a card, I just send index cards.

oh hmm..

is it "rude" to send $5( plus an xlarge envolope) to ask to buy an 8x10 or available pic to be auto'd?

($5 is what tristar sells 8x10's at which includes a toploader, just ask mr obed ;) )

oh hmm..

is it "rude" to send $5( plus an xlarge envolope) to ask to buy an 8x10 or available pic to be auto'd?

($5 is what tristar sells 8x10's at which includes a toploader, just ask mr obed ;) )

The answer is - it depends. Current players most likely don't have pictures laying around that they will freely sign and give away. There are a few rare exceptions. Retired players are more likely to have stuff laying around that they will provide. I know that Ron Swoboda will provide an 8x10 signed for $10. Otherwise, you are better off spending the money to get the photo and send it along with a SASE to the player and ask that they sign.

Hi, any assistance with these would be greatly appreciated:
Art Ditmar
Ben Hayes
Carlos Diaz (Mets 1982)
Thank you!

Ben, you haven't seen anything on Matt Ruebel, have you? I think I've narrowed his location down to Oklahoma City, but I can't find a street address... :/

Shot in the dark. Used in 03'
2709 SW 116TH ST MOORE,OK 73170
Let me know if it works if you try it.

Good Luck,
Ben

Got three more long shots. Does anyone have anything for former Houston Oiler, Gary Borwn, and former Chargers, Gary Garrison and Dick Post.

Thank you once again for all of the help! I truly appreciate it!

Jim

Got three more long shots. Does anyone have anything for former Houston Oiler, Gary Borwn, and former Chargers, Gary Garrison and Dick Post.

Thank you once again for all of the help! I truly appreciate it!

Jim

G.B:Harvey 06
G.G:993 Vulcan Ave Encinitas, CA 92024
D.P:Harvey 06 again

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.