Old Retired Player Address Request Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the advice. i'm thinking of trying to get all of the 84 tigers world series team, but i know some are hard ot get (whitaker,trammell, gibson), plus, who know where barbaro garbey even lives!

also, any luck on spring training requests? i was thinking of sending some down to lakeland, but i'm not sure if the players like it. have you ever tried?

Some players only sign c/o spring training... I've had mixed results. I used to send 300-400 requests per spring training, but cut down a lot... sent about 100 last season and probably only 30 this season. My success rate generally hovers around 50% during spring training... granted Ive tried some toughies in the past too. I suggest giving it a shot.. send out a handful... you never know!

thanks for the advice. i'm thinking of trying to get all of the 84 tigers world series team, but i know some are hard ot get (whitaker,trammell, gibson), plus, who know where barbaro garbey even lives!

also, any luck on spring training requests? i was thinking of sending some down to lakeland, but i'm not sure if the players like it. have you ever tried?

Oh and for Barbaro...
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2005-07-05-garbey-defection_x.htm

He might still be a coach?

sounds good to me. Thanks for the help. Hopefully this works out better than trying to buy pack pulled auto's.

brad

No problem... keep an eye out for Trammell coaching or managing... he was a great signer when he was the MGR of the Tigers

As for Gibson, he is hit or miss... I managed to get him c/o Tigers a couple years ago. I am 0-fer-2 with Sweet Lou, might end up buying one of his :(

obed-

just noticed the link regarding barbaro. that really helps. I'll give it a shot.

isn't tram coaching w/ the padres now? thought i read that somewhere.

brad

Thank you so much for the help yesterday

any luck for these?

Roy Lee Jackson
Mark Portugal
Les Straker

thanks

obed-

hey, a couple more stupid questions:

1) do you just put the card in the envelope, or is there something special you do to help avoid damage (i know not to put them in sleeves).

2) DO teams invite all players to spring training, including draft picks and prospects?

I know, stupid, but hopefully you can help. thanks

brad

obed-

hey, a couple more stupid questions:

1) do you just put the card in the envelope, or is there something special you do to help avoid damage (i know not to put them in sleeves).

2) DO teams invite all players to spring training, including draft picks and prospects?

I know, stupid, but hopefully you can help. thanks

brad

Not stupid I had similar questions when I was starting.

I use sleeves and they seem to work but people use index cards I believe also.

It depends. If you do a little google searching I am sure you can look up the team's spring traning roster.

Ben

obed-

just noticed the link regarding barbaro. that really helps. I'll give it a shot.

isn't tram coaching w/ the padres now? thought i read that somewhere.

brad

No problem... no idea if Tram is coaching there... id check their site see what you can find... might want to send to him c/o spring training too.

It depends. If you do a little google searching I am sure you can look up the team's spring traning roster.

Ben

I use index cards... some older players sign the sleeves:(

As for spring training, if you go to the teams mlb page, they have non-roster invitees under the roster options so you can see who is invited to spring training

Ben

I use like a piece of cardboard usualy it works, but sometimes the mail gets all bent and sometimes stamped on.

so i assume you guys mean you put index cards inside the envelope, and place the card between them.

oh, an di think i read that tram is actually w/ the cubs, not pad's (incase anyone cares)

thanks for the help guys!
brad

so i assume you guys mean you put index cards inside the envelope, and place the card between them.

oh, an di think i read that tram is actually w/ the cubs, not pad's (incase anyone cares)

brad

Yep put them between 2 index cards :)

brad
FWIW: I don't bother putting the cards between index cards or in plastic sleeves. I like to make it (appear at least) as simple for the athletes as possible. So all that falls out of the envelope is a SASE, a one-page letter, and a couple of baseball cards.

I saw a success with Larry Bird on sportscollectors.net a couple of weeks ago. Can someone please find his address that is posted on sportscollectors.net and post it for me? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors