One Way To Send Free Cards

budd2222

5.00 star(s)
I used to give free cards via a SASE but it got to be to much a hassle. A young lady from TX came up with this solution. She put her SASE bubble mailer with her return addy just incase the postage for the free cards were light in a manila envelope. That way I didn't need to buy any bubble mailers or cab fare to the PO and she got her cards safe and fast. It was so simple.

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
I think there is a missing word or type, so not following exactly what you are saying. I have always put my own return address on SASE though, why would I leave it blank or use the other person's address, especially since they are sending it in my envelope.

Not sure where a bubble mailer works into all this. At over $4 for one now though, sending any cards of low value in a padded mailer seems to be an absolute waste of money. PWE is a cheaper option and exposes you to some risk, but I have all but stopped buying anything cheap, as it costs you close to $10 for a single card over $5.

budd2222

5.00 star(s)
I think there is a missing word or type, so not following exactly what you are saying. I have always put my own return address on SASE though, why would I leave it blank or use the other person's address, especially since they are sending it in my envelope.

Not sure where a bubble mailer works into all this. At over $4 for one now though, sending any cards of low value in a padded mailer seems to be an absolute waste of money. PWE is a cheaper option and exposes you to some risk, but I have all but stopped buying anything cheap, as it costs you close to $10 for a single card over $5.

A lot of people have filled in the the return a addy with mine. If the postage was light it would be returned to me. As far as the cards a regular SASE can fit about five cards or one swatch card. A bubble mailer put inside a manila envelope will bend and get a cheaper shipping rate. With this young lady I sent 4 autographs and three swatch cards. Not your cheap common cards you need for your set. For a larger amount or thicker cards this is a option.

GotMelky

5.00 star(s)
If you print shipping through Paypal or Stamps.com it runs a fair bit cheaper ($2.84 for me if I send to Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Montana for 4 oz.)

KCLJ520

5.00 star(s)
I use my own return address on all of the SASEs I send for ttm collecting, it has helped more than a few make it home!!

Blessings,

Kevin

budd2222

5.00 star(s)
Its been common for me for someone to ask if they send $5 paypal if I would send in a bubble mailer. For me thats a hard no, it a $30 cab fare round trip to the PO. Not everybodys situation is the same.

mrmopar

5.00 star(s)
Yikes, that adds another level of difficulty to the situation for sure. I don't like going to the PO, but if I need to it, it is a fairly quick trip. I actually go to the PO of a neighboring City instead of mine, because of the size difference between the two offices and the trip to the neighboring one is a straight shot with highway driving vs maneuvering through town at slow speeds. There is about a 1/2 mile difference with my PO being closer too.

David K.

4.90 star(s)
I use the contract third party that works with the USPS...their closer about 2 miles away by bus (only $1.25 for one way) ..as my local office of the USPS is about 6 miles aways. Plus the third party is less busy than the regular postal office (their busy on Mondays because their closed on sunday/plus is most of the holidays their open) .....they have mail boxes (which u can rent)...Only draw backs....they don't have the address change papers and they don't do foreign mailing and they don't carry a lot of the stamps. Best regards, David PS I know what u mean by the taxi cabs....when I could not ride the buses due to my hip problems....I had to use the taxi service because it was faster and safer...but I would do one or two more quick stops..that way even thru the cost was about $30 plus.......I could pick up lunch or dinner at the same time. Plus I would save the bubble envelopes until I had at least 4 of them to mail before using the taxicab service.

Last edited: