OUCH - Upper Deck in trouble for counterfieting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Makes MLB look smart for choosing Topps over UD for baseball cards!!

Christopher

Knowing this, they probably faked most of the relics/autos too...

Ouch is right,its makes you wonder if any of Upper Decks card are ligate.
But thats my 2 cents worth.

Jon

I would say that you don't have to worry about sports cards/memorabilia. In this case, Upper Deck was producing cards that they had no license or right to produce or make a profit off of. Upper Deck legitimately owns the images and designs of their sports product. This in no way implies that Upper Deck put out forged autographs or jersey swatches.

Unfortunately, the mistake that they did make doing this with Yu Gi Oh cards will have people guessing or assuming that the entire company is corrupt and putting out counterfeits.
-Casey

They may be done but they've done some quality releases. I've liked the Goudeys and Goodwins most recently. There needs to be fewer card releases so this could actually help in the long run.

I would say that you don't have to worry about sports cards/memorabilia. In this case, Upper Deck was producing cards that they had no license or right to produce or make a profit off of. Upper Deck legitimately owns the images and designs of their sports product. This in no way implies that Upper Deck put out forged autographs or jersey swatches.

Unfortunately, the mistake that they did make doing this with Yu Gi Oh cards will have people guessing or assuming that the entire company is corrupt and putting out counterfeits.
-Casey

Very well said!

To anyone who has ever read the book Card Sharks, nothing that Upper Deck would do would be surprising.

They have a long history of unethical behavior leading back to the earliest days of the company.

Michael

To anyone who has ever read the book Card Sharks, nothing that Upper Deck would do would be surprising.

They have a long history of unethical behavior leading back to the earliest days of the company.

Michael

i need to read that one, sounds interesting!

To get to the top almost everybody has done something that would put them behind bars, if they get there or not depends on if they get caught or not or if somebody rats them out.

With them being a big company im sure the only reason they were suied in the first place was b/c of how much money they have so there is no way they will get off without paying millions to the other party

The NFL is also a "big company" and they got off with only paying the USFL $1. You never know how a jury/judge will rule.

With them being a big company im sure the only reason they were suied in the first place was b/c of how much money they have so there is no way they will get off without paying millions to the other party

Dont know what the nfl was suied for but did they try to rip them off, if its not the same thing that upperdeck had done then there might of been a reason they got off and they might not of had a rat in there company like uppdeck does. But thanks for the 2 cents