Player Collectors: Favorite Non GU/AU of your player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nice Photoshop job on that Aqueous, Nick, but everyone knows that card doesn't exist. And you picked up a '96 Liberty Sports, too?

LOL, real nice Dave!

Yeah the 96 Liberty was from a guy on the bench too. I am drawing a blank on the username though. He had a second one. There is some very light chipping on the front, but I believe most that Ive seen have some. The scan actually makes it stand out more than when you are actually looking at the card

1996LibertySportsMaddux.jpg

I really like those Family FUn center cards, Classic 70's Unis are the best!

87 David Berg
1987DavidBerg.jpg

90 DOnruss Aqueous
1990AqueousAFront.jpg

94 Braves Lykes Perforatted Sheet
1994BravesLykesPerferratedSheet.jpg

Love these cards! The Aqueous has long been on my hit list. This is as close as I've come:

1990 Donruss Blue/White Test
test.jpg

Just finished this trio off this week:
aff2.jpg

Awesome Blue White test. Maddux was only issued in the aqueous as far as I have been able to find in 6 years of research. Was thrilled with the PSA 8 Aqueous, Was not thrilled with the price!

It was a Water based coating that Donruss tested to act as protection and shiny coverage for the cards. It didnt really do what they wanted so they never used it, they just tested it on some of the cards from the 1990 Set. The cards were never supposed to be released to the public market, however an employee got their hands on the boxes when they left donruss and sold them to a couple of different dealers.