Post a pic of random sports or non-sport memorabilia you own thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Here's one for today!

A Phillies ticket stub from 1980! On this day 43 years ago!

In this game, the Phillies beat the Cubs 7-2, with Pete Rose hitting 3 doubles and Mike Schmidt hitting 2 triples!

Scobes

IMG_1447.jpgIMG_1448.jpg

Here's one for today!

Scobes

Baseball Digest from 1959

View attachment 91272View attachment 91273
Great item! I'm sure you picked up that up because Robin Roberts was a Michigan State Spartan like me! LOL

I wonder if Baseball Digest even exists anymore? Those Digests of the various sports were just too cool! Being obsessed with pro basketball (especially the ABA) as a kid, I had a subscription to Basketball Digest when it first came out. II knowI had the first issue of that and kept all the ones from my subscription. I gotta dig those out.

Great item! I'm sure you picked up that up because Robin Roberts was a Michigan State Spartan like me! LOL

I wonder if Baseball Digest even exists anymore? Those Digests of the various sports were just too cool! Being obsessed with pro basketball (especially the ABA) as a kid, I had a subscription to Basketball Digest when it first came out. II knowI had the first issue of that and kept all the ones from my subscription. I gotta dig those out.
it does. But just like Reader's Digest, and Tv guide, the format has changed to a full sized magazine, and it runs about 10 bucks an issue on the newsstand. My store had it as recently as January but since we switched Magazine vendors, i have not seen it for awhile.

it does. But just like Reader's Digest, and Tv guide, the format has changed to a full sized magazine, and it runs about 10 bucks an issue on the newsstand. My store had it as recently as January but since we switched Magazine vendors, i have not seen it for awhile.
Ineresting! I had no idea they still existed. I assumed that TV guide had long ceased to exist. The other great sports publication for those who grew up in the 60s, 70s and 80s was the weekly issue of The Sporting News that was essential for sports fans of that era. It was the only way to keep up with teams from across the nation outside of your local area.

I think I'm even more shocked that you actually have a newsstand! LOL Whoever thought that newspaper and magazine stores would pretty much go the way of the dinosaurs?