Postage Increase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clemson2012

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I was wondering how much will the postage increase affect others on the board in making trades? I wont really know for me until I take my first load tomorrow to send out. I know what it normally costs for me to send around 8-10 packages out on average. Im hoping it doesnt have much affect so that I can continue my drive on my PC's of my players. Everyone elses thoughts.

If your paying for postage at the PO, there other ways to get your postage and save yourself some money. If you have paypal, use paypal shipping. I use paypal and send everything out with Delivery Confirmation and it is atleast $1 less per package. Also this increase is going to be .12 at the PO but I believe only .05 on paypal.

The increase that is going to hurt the most is the one for international rates. Its going to be very expensive to make trades to Canada.

How does Paypal shipping work? I would be very interested in possibly doing that for the future to help save. How do you know how much it weighs to apply the postage to it or what not. If you could explain it a little more an how it works I would be very interested in it. Thanks in advance

Hello
To use paypal shipping you will need a printer and some sort of scale. I used to use something like this for the longest time:

http://www.staples.com/Salter-Brecknell-Mechanical-Postal-Scale-2-lbs/product_354591

Then on your paypal account you just go to www.paypal.com/shipnow Here you will be able to input all the information on where you will be mailing your item to. With the Trade Manager I just simply copy and past all address information from the TM to the appropriate spot in paypal. Then it will ask for mailing options, here you chose first class, package and then input the weight. As long as it is 13oz or less first class first class is the way to go. Then you hit continue, here it will want you to verity information and you will get your payment options. If you have funds in your paypal it will simply take it from there. Otherwise, it will go to whatever backup source you have, usually a linked checking account. After confirming all information it will prompt to print up your package slip. Just cut and tape on to your bubble mailer and your done.

If you are shipping out a lot of packages at once, use Paypal Multi-order Shipping. Its an option located on the right hand side after you log in. Same idea as above just lets you do more then 1 package at a time.

Considering it just cost me $1.69 with DC. A the PO it would now cost $2.07 + .90 for DC = $2.97. In just the two packages I sent out today that is already a savings of $2.56!