Posting protocol advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sometimes I say, "please post if that works" just to put the deal in the other person's court. It just saves a step. I don't have to get confirmation, THEN wait to see who is going to post.:)

Usually, if the trade works for them, they'll post it up. If it doesn't and the other person makes a counteroffer that I like......I go ahead and post it up.

Either way, I never look at it like a "chore" or anything. I have even made several deals with people I feel I know on here and neither of us ever posted the trade.

If anyone ever feels like I need to post the deal, please tell me! I will not be offended.

Tim

Tim, that's a great point. Most of my trades are BV balanced, so if I have cards to offer and someone has listed cards for trade, I usually post the two ends and say "if that works, please post".

Also, if the cards are ones I want, I will usually pursue the trade pretty hard, so I am more willing to post.

And yes David K., copy and paste is your friend :D . I use it for most of my trades.

Todd

I like to have the person offering the items post once the deal is struck because how many times have you asked for something in a thread with no replies yet, only to be told it's already gone due to some other board trade or PM deal you didn't see?

I'm guilty alot of times to saying post it up if you want. Certainly don't mean it to sound rude or anything. I just figure if there ok with it then i'm fine with it so post it up just comes out when typing. I have no problems on posting a trade either as that is what i'm on here to do and that is trade. I usually have several deals going on at once and may not get it posted right then so maybe that is why i ask for them to post, that and if there offering cards i need for sets then i'm already fine with the deal but want to make sure they are fine with it.

Dennis
________
Full melt bubble hash

Last edited:
That could well have been me. At home, my only internet access is on my blackberry. When posting a trade, I click on "Next," but the browser doesn't advance to the next screen. Figure it's probably an issue with running scripts on my phone that doesn't allow me to post trades on it. But I do have a computer in the office. :)

I have the same problem. I travel a bit with work, and there are the occasional times I'll come to an agreement on a trade while sitting in an airport, and the old blackberry just isn't the world's best tool for doing a lot of copy & paste work to get all the cards in the trade manager. In which case, I'll usually ask the other person to post.

Please try not to post the same trade twice. If the same trade does get posted twice please don't confirm both. If you request a confirmed trade to be cancelled make sure that both traders agree to the cancellation and mention that in the cancellation request. This will make it easier for the mods to process cancellations.

The more you trade the less any of this stuff bothers you and you realize that everyone has a different style...
To me posting the trade is not a chore but a little victory dance.
"Post it up" isn't rude....it's the last words of the negotiation!

Protocol-wise
What is far more annoying is people who ignore trade offers and don't return pm's....a simple "no thanks" is polite or "I'm busy at the moment" might just secure you a card that you need that would otherwise get traded after a non-response.

Good Luck with your trades.....it's a hobby not a job, so don't sweat it, enjoy it!
Kevin