Prospect memory lane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I remember a guy making a ridiculous trade to get Julio Teheran cause he was sure he was the next big thing. He was wrong.....lol
I remember when everyone thought Vince Coleman was going to be the next Rickey Henderson, I traded the kid of the shop owner in town a mini 1986 topps leaders Coleman for a 1959 Topps Nellie Fox. Obviously Coleman was decent but man…

Recently for the Royals, it was Bubba Starling. He did eventually make the majors at age 26 and played a total of 91 career games for a combined -1.8 WAR.
I think he turned down a scholarship to QB at Nebraska to sign with the Royals (unlike Dan Marino and John Elway, who were both drafted out of high school by the Royals, but turned them down to make better life choices)

I remember a guy making a ridiculous trade to get Julio Teheran cause he was sure he was the next big thing. He was wrong.....lol
Teheran has a career 20.7 WAR, was 2x All-Star and is still in the MLB... yeah, that's not exactly Walter Johnson, but dang man, that's pretty solid if you think about it,

Recently for the Royals, it was Bubba Starling. He did eventually make the majors at age 26 and played a total of 91 career games for a combined -1.8 WAR.
I think he turned down a scholarship to QB at Nebraska to sign with the Royals (unlike Dan Marino and John Elway, who were both drafted out of high school by the Royals, but turned them down to make better life choices)
I remember lubanski, butler, and the crazy amount of hype for Alex Gordon. He ended up being solid but not the Harper like hype the Royals built for him