PSA Doing Half-Grades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike121

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I was looking at Vince Carter rookies today and I came across this:

I didn't know that PSA did half-grades, but this one is graded 8.5. I thought they only did whole numbers. Has anyone ever noticed this before? Is it something they just recently started doing?

Holy smokes! How could it have been around that long and I've never even seen another card with a half-point? That's crazy! I look up graded Vince Carter and Tony Parker cards almost daily.

Anyways, thanks for the info. I definitely missed the memo, which is probably long gone by now, along with the first iPhone!

I think you have to pay an additional fee if you want the half grade added. Can't remember were I read it at, but that might be why not many half grades show up. Might not be worth the extra fee for a half grade?

Billy

I'm just still amazed that I had never seen one before now. I've, seriously, looked at thousands of graded Vince Carter and Tony Parker cards and that's the first one I've ever come across. It's pretty mind-boggling.

@Sportnut08 did you have to pay extra for the half-grade?

I'm just still amazed that I had never seen one before now. I've, seriously, looked at thousands of graded Vince Carter and Tony Parker cards and that's the first one I've ever come across. It's pretty mind-boggling.

@Sportnut08 did you have to pay extra for the half-grade?

Not that I am aware of.

You don't pay extra for any half-grades. (They happen a LOT more at the lower condition levels, especially with vintage)

But, as mentioned, there are no 9.5s.

I was looking at Vince Carter rookies today and I came across this:

I didn't know that PSA did half-grades, but this one is graded 8.5. I thought they only did whole numbers. Has anyone ever noticed this before? Is it something they just recently started doing?
Yes ,I just received one back from them on a Mike Trout RC 11 Playoff Contenders #17 Season Ticket PSA 8.5