Pujols...is this real?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The back-right of it has a Topps sticker. Is there any way to look up the hologram number?

Last edited:
The back-right of it has a Topps sticker.

eBayISAPI.dll

yeah, problem is that people take a hair dryer and remove those from other scrub autos and put them on base cards, fake sign them, and hand number them...then sell them as "buybacks"...that's why I need to know if this one is legit or not lol.

Ok, wasn't sure if you noticed that or not.

yeah...saw it on there...did some research and found out that Topps doesn't even track the #s on the stickers...so there is no way to verify what that sticker # was on when it left Topps....how dumb is that? Whats the point of putting out a sticker with a hologram and a # on it if you don't keep a database of what goes with the #?

Topps is lazy!

I can't find it on Beckett anywhere. I looked under autograph on Albert Pujols. I checked buyback and I also looked for a print run of 56. Nothing there either.

In 06, Bowman Originals released buybacks on Pujols autos and his 02 card #18 was #'d to 50. Clearly this is his 06 card and numbered to 56. Admittidly, Beckett filtering has more holes than Johnny Weir's fishnet stockings but I find it odd that nothing came up under autograph, buyback, or 56 as search tools. What would be nice is if Topps let you run the sticker serial # on their website to verify the card's properties. But, hey, that would require more organization I guess.

I would definitely contact the seller and see what he/ she has to say before buying. It is a good price if it's legit.

Tom

I couldn't find it in Beckett either...first place I looked...should have mentioned that earlier.

Something about this is just not right...lol.

I don't think this is the same card. The one we are looking at is from 06 and #25. Either way, there is no card from Beckett to match with the one listed in the auction.

Oh, didn't notice that it was #25 instead of #24. The card just seems too fishy IMO.

It could be real, but its a big risk.

Last edited:
So...in case I'm missing something here...this is what I did on Beckett...I went in and just typed in "Albert Pujols" and that should bring up all his cards...then I went to the side to select all his autographed cards....then I hit the little search box to "search within these results" and put "Bowman" in there and it should pull up all his autos that have anything to do with Bowman...this is what I got:

2001 Bowman Autographs #BAAP Albert Pujols AU
2001 Bowman Chrome #340 Albert Pujols AU RC RC, AU, S# Print Run 500
2002 Bowman Heritage Autographs #BHAAP Albert Pujols A AU
2005 Bowman Sterling Original Autographs #AP1 Albert Pujols 03 B/ 7 AU, S# Print Run 7
2005 Bowman Sterling Original Autographs #AP2 Albert Pujols 03 BC/ 11 AU, S# Print Run 11
2005 Bowman Sterling Original Autographs #AP3 Albert Pujols 04 B/ 7 AU, S# Print Run 7
2005 Bowman Sterling Original Autographs #AP4 Albert Pujols 04 BC/ 1 AU, S# Print Run 1
2006 Bowman Originals Buyback Autographs #17 Albert Pujols 01 B/ 1 C AU, S# Print Run 1
2006 Bowman Originals Buyback Autographs #18 Albert Pujols 02 B/ 50 C AU, S# Print Run 50
2006 Bowman Originals Buyback Autographs #19 Albert Pujols 02 BB/ 1 C AU, S# Print Run 1
2006 Bowman Originals Buyback Autographs #20 Albert Pujols 02 BC/ 1 C AU, S# Print Run 1
2006 Bowman Originals Buyback Autographs #21 Albert Pujols 02 BH/ 1 C AU, S# Print Run 1
2006 Bowman Originals Buyback Autographs #22 Albert Pujols 03 BCXF/ 1 C AU, S# Print Run 1
2006 Bowman Originals Buyback Autographs #23 Albert Pujols 04 BC/ 1 C AU, S# Print Run 1
2006 Bowman Originals Buyback Autographs #24 Albert Pujols 05 B/ 44 C AU, S# Print Run 44
2006 Bowman Originals Buyback Autographs #24a Albert Pujols 05 BC/ 44 C AU, S# Print Run 44
2007 Bowman's Best #31b Albert Pujols AU C AU
2007 Bowman's Best Blue #31b Albert Pujols AU AU, S# Print Run 99
2007 Bowman's Best Gold #31b Albert Pujols AU AU, S# Print Run 50
2007 Bowman's Best Red #31b Albert Pujols AU AU, S# Print Run 1

SO...the thing is that the card in the eBay auction is #25...and #25 is not listed anywhere on this list as even being a buyback? Not to mention there is not one #'d to 56 on the list as stated in the previous post?

Anyone have any ideas? I know Beckett is just as sorry as Topps is when it comes to listing stuff...so it wouldn't be a big shock to see a card thats not listed...but it's just sort of odd don't you think?

Another thing is that from what I understand ALL of the buybacks like this were encased in the usual Topps case with the holo sticker on the top...not that people don't fake those as well, they do...but just saying this one seems to be missing the case as well?

Last edited:
There was like 1000 buybacks in the program so I think TOpps just missed some.. I have seen plenty of Kazmir buybacks from 05 bowman heritage when it isn't listed by beckett.. So why would everyone fake the same card

There was like 1000 buybacks in the program so I think TOpps just missed some.. I have seen plenty of Kazmir buybacks from 05 bowman heritage when it isn't listed by beckett.. So why would everyone fake the same card

were they encased? also...I have not been able to find another one of these? so it's not like everyone is faking the same card here...this seems to be the only example of it that I can find. Plus Pujols brings in a little more $$$ than Kazmir...and I've seen a few other Pujols buybacks that people decided were probably fake.

None of the buybacks are encased as far as I know. I pulled a Bowman AFLAC Billy Rowell from a box of 2007 Bowman Best. It was damaged. They replaced it with 06 Bowman Chase Utley that was damaged. I just traded for this Glavine which is not encased. He is listed on Topps checklist, but not on Beckett.

06chromeglavinebuybackau.jpg

Here is the Utley. I no longer have a scan of the Rowell
scan000081.jpg

Last edited:
Your Kazmir's came from this product itself and are encased, but they also have some of the same autos not encased and inserted into various products in 2007.

2006 Bowman Originals Buyback Autographs

Here is the 2007 Bowman Best sell sheet from Blowoutcards

http://www.blowoutcards.com/images/baseball/checklist/2007bowmansbestBB.pdf

It still doesnt prove if the Pujols is real or not, but it shows Topps did make some of the autos not encased.

All the Kazmir I have seen were encased and I wouldn't buy one unless it was encased

I'd start to lean toward being real then.

I'm with you, but would contact Topps with a link to the auction and see if by some miracle they might be able to help. I know it's a long-shot, since both Topps and UD don't seem to give a damn about anything other than their most current releases.