PWE Question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trader Rich

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
In lieu of the present difficulties the USPS is having and the rising costs of postal rates, I was wondering about how people feel about doing most trades with PWE?

Thanks, Rich

In lieu of the present difficulties the USPS is having and the rising costs of postal rates, I was wondering about how people feel about doing most trades with PWE?

Thanks, Rich

Hey Rich
One or two cards in PWE is fine with me
You know whatever it takes to get a trade a done deal

Tom

I usually send 1-2 non-GU/Auto cards in PWE (three if they're thinner cards like Topps base), you shouldn't have a problem as long as you let the other trader know that you're going that route.

Base and inserts were always okay for me. Very surprised how some of the members would ship out alot of base in a PWE and it would get to me with no problems. They ship with confidence! lol

GU/AUTO i think should always be mailed bubble mailer unless agreed upon both parties. but i agree the cost of mailing is starting to go up.

I don't have a problem with base/low value inserts in PWE as long as the cards are packaged well and you write not machinable or do not bend on them and use a $.64 stamp (which pays the non-machinable surcharge) I don't mind and do it quite often. Only had 1 trader tell me that the PWE was not received intact but thankfully because I put them in soft sleeve and sealed hardsleeve the cards were not damaged. my $.02.
Trish

Most of my deals are PWE.
I still have never had 1-3 standard thickness cards arrive damaged in a PWE because of the PO. That is 100s of transactions and a 100% success rate on the PO end. Not a bad option at all.

I always do bubble envelopes on my trades...but allow others to go the plain white envelope route...No problems so far....but a few of the envelopes had tears on them....in one case the card in the top loader almost came out of the envelope. Best regards, David

i don't mind pwe if its a low end trade. Just tape it good. However I have received a couple envelop damaged so there are risks involved.

I prefer PWE trades on lower end stuff (up to 2-3 cards). It just doesnt make sense for both traders to pay $1.71 each on a trade with cards valued at a total of $3.

For AU/GU or more pricy inserts, I always send bubbler.

I'm with the majority here - PWE with a toploader works for me for a smaller non-GU/auto trade. I send in PWEs with the card in a toploader and the toploader taped to an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper, which is folded in thirds with the toploader inside. So far, I haven't heard of any problems from those I've traded with.

Dan

I think that I happened upon a really good solution. I bought a VERY cheap box of thank you cards on clearance. They're 3.5" x 5" and when you put a top-loader inside the card and seal it in the envelope, it makes a very secure (and non-machinable) PWE.

Of course, I could always be wrong...if any of you received one of these kind of PWEs from me and had a problem with the envelope, do let me know!

Based on the many, many packages I have received over the years, ANY type of package can be damaged (envelope, tube, box, bubble mailer, etc). I have been pretty fortunate with that regard, but still am chapped over my worst loss ever, a signed 1956 Topps Phil Rizzuto and a couple lesser 56 Topps cards that were signed. The guy sent in a padded mailer, but in my opinion did a poor job of packaging inside. The envelope got torn and three of maybe 20-25 cards actually fell (or were pulled) out. Lost the best/priciest card of the purchase! 3 Perez Steele PCs that were signed also got bad creases in that same package. As one seller I buy from every now and again stamps on his mailers, PTP (Packaged to Protect) is the key!

Paper envelopes are more fragile than a bubble mailer, so the chances of damage are probably higher, but like many have also said, I have had pretty good luck with them too.

You guys are some of the luckiest buyers/traders.

I would NEVER do PWE UNLESS it is an EASILY replacable THIN card (ie a common card that you have 4 of or something like that) and agreed prior to shipping.

As mrmopar said, ANY type of mail can get damaged - its a matter of PTP that counts! But with PWE there really isn't a "good" way.

You guys are some of the luckiest buyers/traders.

I would NEVER do PWE UNLESS it is an EASILY replacable THIN card (ie a common card that you have 4 of or something like that) and agreed prior to shipping.

As mrmopar said, ANY type of mail can get damaged - its a matter of PTP that counts! But with PWE there really isn't a "good" way.

One of the my bubble enevelope trades...the trader got the cards..but there were all damaged....Second time that happened in over 4,000 trades with bubble envelopes. Best regards, David

I prefer bubble, but like most peeps on here I have no issue with the PWE, for base especially.