Question about Checkoutmycards.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uglyrad1

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hi everyone! I recently stumbled across this site and it looks pretty intriguing for both buying and selling cards. If anyone on the good ol' Bench uses this site, my question is this- how exactly does the site work? Also, what are the fees like? It looks like a site that could help my collection (and wallet!:p ) but I want to know about it before jumping into something stupid. Thanks in advance!
Christian

Checkoutmycards

I bought a few items from them and it went very smoothly. It was a while ago so I don 't remember the exact fees but I don't think they were unreasonable.

Gary

Site gets talked about a lot around here, where you been? Not out having a life I hope?! That is not allowed in this hobby my friend:)

I've bought from them before and loved it. I know a few people that sell on there and are overall quite happy with them. I would suggest not bothering with the commons for that site though, stick to the cards $5 and up.

I use them for both buying/selling.

My only problem is some of the retarded offers I get. I seriously got a 0.58 offer on an $8 BV card I had marked already at $1.25. But that's not COMC's fault :p

The fees are quite pricey but I have bought from them twice in order to get some harder to find cards. I would buy from them again though. Never sold.

Dewayne

Site gets talked about a lot around here, where you been? Not out having a life I hope?! That is not allowed in this hobby my friend:)

I've bought from them before and loved it. I know a few people that sell on there and are overall quite happy with them. I would suggest not bothering with the commons for that site though, stick to the cards $5 and up.
Matt, he's been busy building the Dr. Pepper fort, as you can see in his sig. :D

Seriously though Christian, I saw the pics in the bucket and loved them. Very cool, too bad the "fort" fell over.

Seconded. Lots of details on individual experiences in that discussion thread.

Me? Life? HA! Very funny, Matt!:p I've just been putting the cards aside for a while. Haven't made a trade in a loooong time! Almost a year I think!
Matt, he's been busy building the Dr. Pepper fort, as you can see in his sig. :D

Seriously though Christian, I saw the pics in the bucket and loved them. Very cool, too bad the "fort" fell over.

Seconded. Lots of details on individual experiences in that discussion thread.

Thanks for the backup!:D

Thanks to everyone who replied!
Christian

I L:DVE checkoutmycards.com, for both buying and selling...I have been using it for a little more than a year...Two thumbs up with a snicker and a wink!

I think there's just a small fee if you keep inventory around for a while. The real fees come when you want to get your cards delivered. $3.00 for the first, and $.25 for each on after that, up to a maximum of $20.00. you're really paying for their service at this point, but it's a good service, so I don't mind paying for it.

I really like that you get to see good scans of the exact card you're getting.

And you can find some good deals here, of cards that people just don't want, maybe never had anyone look at it twice, so they'll take a lowball offer.

Overall I really like COMC.

$34.00 to ship 203 purchased cards is unreasonable. I have had good experience with COMC up until this point now my cards are sitting in "ship" because I just can't see spending that amount for shipping. I wish it was a max of $20.00

Their shipping is a bit high, but the great deals you can get on COMC kind of even out the high shipping costs.

Plus, they ship very quickly. I've bought from them a couple times and it's gone smoothly each time.

I've had no problems with smaller shipments, buying 5-10 cards at a time, great deals yes but that is because of the sellers who list there.

I happen to have accumulated a decent amount of cards, and you don't want your buyers getting reamed on buying because it will hurt sales for sellers. If sellers get hurt, they go elsewhere. It's hand in hand. Tough business model, no one has gotten it completely right so far and that is why something pops up here and there after several years.

COMC is decent, but they've made mistakes on my orders twice and received damage cards twice as well.

On the damaged cards, what the point of complaining about a refund of $1 or whatever if it's a card I NEEDED/rare.

Lastly, shipping is TOO high as they add .20 or .35 handling PER card depending on type of shipping desired.

Standard shipping gets shipped 5 business days after payment is made plus another 3-5 days to get, so 10 days +/-1 day. So it's a bit slower than I like, but I don't want to pay "Rapid" shipping prices either.

There is a $25 max on bulk mailing ONLY, but who wants cards not sleeved?

----

Selling wise 20% to cash out it high (too me at least).

COMC is decent, but they've made mistakes on my orders twice and received damage cards twice as well.

On the damaged cards, what the point of complaining about a refund of $1 or whatever if it's a card I NEEDED/rare.

Lastly, shipping is TOO high as they add .20 or .35 handling PER card depending on type of shipping desired.

Standard shipping gets shipped 5 business days after payment is made plus another 3-5 days to get, so 10 days +/-1 day. So it's a bit slower than I like, but I don't want to pay "Rapid" shipping prices either.

There is a $25 max on bulk mailing ONLY, but who wants cards not sleeved?

----

Selling wise 20% to cash out it high (too me at least).

COMC started a new policy for shipping in Feb: http://blog.checkoutmycards.com/2012/02/26/shipping-experiment/

I used the Bulk shipping once for 130 cards...exactly three days before they started this new policy. It really came as a shock to see 30 autographed cards side-by-side without sleeves.

I have since used the new shipping method, and they ship in sleeves, and a bit more secure than Bulk. Also, I got shipping confirmation within three days, and cards within 6 total. They really should have a "Flat-Rate" shipping cost, not based on "per-card", in my opinion.