ran into my first pack searcher.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bongo870

Pro
5.00 star(s)
I went into target for a few things and was looking to see if they had any boxes of heritage. Well there was this guy there standing there on his phone feeling up all the packs for the heritage. these are the double retail packs for 4.99 . He was on the phone with another person in another Target and they were talking about what to look for. he was saying something like with the double packs the ones with the Fake blocker you get 3 rookies and not 2 or some garbage like that. I made it known I was there but he didn't care. So I grabbed a box of 2010 basic and walked away.
When I went back he was still there but now molesting the packs to no end feeling them up and doing what ever he can to see in them without opening them up.
I didn't say anything because I knew what would be the end result. We would of got into a shouting match and us both would of been kicked out.
But he was on the phone with other searchers. I didn't know how big of a thing that is.....

Man,I hate pack searchers,they don't have anything better to do then stand around in Walmart or Targets and Feel Packs for a half an hour,

Kyle

can't you say something to the manager of the store about that... if anything it would be a suspicious person, right? i mean the guy is just standing there fondling packs of cards... what a freak! :rolleyes:

He really needed that Rocco Baldelli Clubhouse Collection GU, the $0.25 he going to get for it after eBay fees is going to buy some gum next time he's pack searching at target.

Seriously, I used to get real angry at this, and still do some, but mostly it's just pathetic. Sad that someone has convinced these people that this is a good way to spend their time, I'd have to believe that looking for spare change in the parking lot is more profitable.

Pack searchers in a target or walmart don't bother me. The ones that are really dangerous are the ones who open boxes or cases in private where they can search in many ways then repackage/resell the packs.

When I busted 3 cases of 08 A&G one I did a live break on here and I searched the other two by weighing them. I sold all the unopened packs on ebay BUT I disclosed in my description that the packs had been searched. The funny thing was that the guy that bought them bought like four boxes worth from me and when he pulled a couple gu and an auto he emails me saying he'd take all I had left. Evidently I'm not a very good searcher. LOL

This may seem like I'm fully supporting searchers but 1. I don't open product anymore and I only buy/trade online so I could care less where my cards come from. 2. It seems like there's more important things out there to worry about then pack searchers, even they don't get them every time and if I was buying a whole box then I wouldn't care at all anyway, they wern't harming you directly in anyway, but were the hobby so I can see how you could take offense to that.

All in all I myself barley would bat an eye, technically I don't know if you can get thrown out for it but if you felt so strongly about it I suggest you talk to someone who works there next time.

And he was calling others? Weird, but hey at least their not killing people right

And he was calling others? Weird, but hey at least their not killing people right

I'd be happier is they were killing certain people. The whole concept is that they are screwing kids potentially out of a once in a lifetime pull by doing this even if it is a $2 AAA Cather GU, maybe that is their favorite player? I know when I was 10-14 yrs old I didn't have money to buy boxes. I would only be able to buy packs (I always had to buy my own cards with xmas money or bday money) and I would be very dissappointed if someone was taking all the good stuff so all I can pull are base cards.

I couldn't care regardless but I see both sides of the argument. I tend to only buy sealed boxes anymore, whether it is retail or hobby. Thankfully the hobby shop here that pack-searched went out of business anyway(which ironically enough had a beckett article about a great pull from the owners nephew, although the article said it and I got flamed here for saying it was a searcher).

Sorry for the long post.

I asked once a few years ago and they said there is nothing they can do unless he walked out the door with them in his pockett.

When my son was into Yu-Gi-Oh we would look at the cards available at the Target by our house. We saw a guy digging through boxes of cards and someone else went and talked to an employee. The other guy basically told them he was damaging product by using his fingernail to search the packs. The employee stood there hawking him for the ten minutes we were there.

When we checked out, security was there talking to him about some open packs they found. It was a stall tactic-once the Police showed up, they cuffed him and took him upstairs to the security room.

I asked that employee about two weeks later what ended up happening, and they busted the guy for vandalism because he was inadvertantly opening the packs.

When my son was into Yu-Gi-Oh we would look at the cards available at the Target by our house. We saw a guy digging through boxes of cards and someone else went and talked to an employee. The other guy basically told them he was damaging product by using his fingernail to search the packs. The employee stood there hawking him for the ten minutes we were there.

When we checked out, security was there talking to him about some open packs they found. It was a stall tactic-once the Police showed up, they cuffed him and took him upstairs to the security room.

I asked that employee about two weeks later what ended up happening, and they busted the guy for vandalism because he was inadvertantly opening the packs.

yes if you open the packs then you are destroying them. He was carefull not to open them (or atleast when I wasnt standing there)

If I went to Target and and starting searching all of the Chips Ahoy cookie packages, looking for the one's with the most chocolate chips, shaking them, running my hands all over the package, gently squeezing the sides, I wonder if that would draw any attention.

I personally only buy sealed boxes the few times I do buy any, but it does bug me. I think they damage the cards, bending corners, etc... All in all, I think it's just a pitiful activity.

Todd

If I went to Target and and starting searching all of the Chips Ahoy cookie packages, looking for the one's with the most chocolate chips, shaking them, running my hands all over the package, gently squeezing the sides, I wonder if that would draw any attention.

I personally only buy sealed boxes the few times I do buy any, but it does bug me. I think they damage the cards, bending corners, etc... All in all, I think it's just a pitiful activity.

Todd

I personally wouldn't care at all. I like the cookies, and as long as you didn't actually open them I would not care in the least bit. Even if they were crushed because sometimes things just fall and break apart. I'm just saying, I understand getting worked up about the issue... but to go to such lengths of someone saying "I'd rather have some people killed" then to have someone feel a pack of baseball cards at the store has GOT to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of in my life.

Its so out of control that I went to a show a couple of weeks ago and there was this guy who had a table always has for the last couple of years he didnt have anything besides packs which he said had gu/au or your money back, I knew better and didnt buy anything but a couple guys did getting nothing worth out of them, first it was retail stores, then hobby shops and owners and now card shows whats next...

but to go to such lengths of someone saying "I'd rather have some people killed" then to have someone feel a pack of baseball cards at the store has GOT to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of in my life.

I don't know you make alot of stupid comments and/or threads on here all pertaining to the same things. Yes there are alot of people in the world that I would like to see killed, and noone else feels the same? Anyone who says otherwise is lying. If murder was legal there would be alot more of it. Which is a whole new idea that you are too naive to understand so I'd say drop it there.

eenrique25- just go on ebay and take a look at all the "Hot Packs" that are listed and what some of them sell for. Some have case hits and sell for $100 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.